cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ESS services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We have an ESS application running against a stand-alone ITS server and an R/3 4.7 system.

My problem is that I want to make some changes to some of the services and I can't figure out how to do it.

Eg. in the ESS app "Personal Data" (PZ13) I want to make some of the fields read-only, I want to remove other fields completely and add some new fields to the view.

How is this possible?

Regards,

Jacob Vennervald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jacob,

This can be done only by copying concerned standard fucntion group and modifying screen.

Unfortunately as of now, these kind of changes can not be done via customizing.

But in webdynpro based ESS services, this will be possible to do it via customizing settings.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks a lot for your intput.

As it was not possible to customize the changes I've done it by copying the function group, function modules and transaction of PZ02, I made new entries in table T77WWW_SC and I changed the screen to fit my needs.

Cheers,

Jacob Vennervald

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to change pz13 for US and i want to make SSN display only. I was able to remove date of birth from t_588_ess. but i do not see ssn there. how do i make it display only???

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just proceed the steps below ..

1. First you hav to find out the function module for this service file ...

Goto SM30 -> T77WWW_SC ... find out which fn module your transaction points to .

PZ13 pts to HR_ESS_PERSOnaldata_* Just chk which one is default .

2 . You have to copy the entire fn group in which the fn module belongs .

3. Do changes in the function module ....( u can find Screen in the fn mod )

4 . Copy pz13 to zpz13 .

5. then ...create a new entry in the View T77WWW_SC ,and pt it to the craeted Fn module .

That's it .

Regrds,

J

Do Award points if this seems helpful .

U can do this by check the options at the left hand side of this info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I've found out that it's possible to do some cusomization of the fields in the PZ13 transaction.

But I can't figure out where to customize this.

Do you know where to do this?

The table that holds the customizations is T588M.

Regards,

Jacob Vennervald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob ,

You have to customize the Fn module the transaction points to.

For Example If the trans pz13 pts to

HR_ESS_PERSDATALIST_06 &

HR_ESS_PERSDATADETAIL_06

You copy the fn modules ...

If you open the List fm module ,u can find the foll code ..

CALL SCREEN '0100'.

• max_index is set in pai of dynpro 100

IF MAX_INDEX EQ 0.

ADDRESSKEY-EMPLOYEENO = PERNR.

ADDRESSKEY-SUBTYPE = ANSSA.

ADDRESSKEY-VALIDEND = '99991231'.

CLEAR: ADDRESSKEY-OBJ

Just Click the Screen 100....

Do Changes in the Screen .

Rgds,

J

Do Award Pts if this helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again J

According to other posts on SDN it should somehow be possible to control the behavior of PZ13 and PZ02 without doing any programming by using the table T588M_ESS or the view V_T588M_ESS.

Do you know anything about this?

Cheers,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jacob, .

So far i haven't done that before .

But evn if you go for the case above it doen't need much of pgmming .

All you hav to do is delete/add the wanted fields .

and comment in the fn module .

But the way suggested by you seems interesting .

I do look into that .

Regards ,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi, Jacob,

I've been trying Jacob's method as well, using the T588M_ESS table, but it doesn't seem to be working. (I added an entry for a particular fn (EHN1), screen '0200', varkey '05', but no changes are visible).

Therefore I'd like to try Jothi's method, but I don't understand how I can copy PZ13 since it's not an Internet Transaction and not listed as Transaction in PWWW. So how do I find it in SE80?

Thanks,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I've gotten an answer from SAP, and they say the following:

"I have managed to shed some light on the problems you are experiencing with table T588M_ESS.

The main problem is that the table is not read by the relevant ESS service. Actually, the table is only read by very very few services altogether. Therefore it is not possible to make any modifications to field attributes that way.

It is unfortunate that ESS does not provide all of the functions you use and require in R/3 <=4.7; with regard to T588M_ESS in particular. This is because the initial design logic behind ESS was to make it as simple, ergonomically efficient and user friendly as possible. It therefore shouldn't be all that surprising that you cannot configure ESS the way you can configure R/3. You cannot customize the ESS screen via T588M_ESS.

Things will become easier with ESS as featured in ERP 2005, where modification free changes can be done using the Web Dynpro personalization tool."

So the best way to make changes to ESS applikations in the code as Jothi says.

For the Address (PZ13) iView it is possible to change attributes on the input fields by using table T588M (NOT T588M_ESS).

In transaction SE93 you can copy the PZ13 transaction.

Regards,

Jacob Vennervald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thanks a lot for that clarification. It means I have some explaining to do at my project concerning the line between 'configuration' and 'customization'

Address in my case is PZ02, not PZ13. Which module pool should I use in T588M if I want to customize PZ13? (or PZ02)

Thanks again for the help!

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. You can customize Personal Data PZ13 through T588M and not PZ02.

To make changes to PZ13 you go to transaction SM31 and enter the table T588M and press Maintain.

Once you enter you find Modulepool MP000200, Dynpro 2000 and the Variable Key should be the value of your MOLGA which for example is 09 for Denmark. Dobbeltclick that line and do your changes in here.

It's only possible to do changes to the detail screen, not the list screen.

Hope this helps.

BTW remember to give points for helpfull information.

Regards,

Jacob Vennervald

Message was edited by: Jacob Vennervald

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem.

But what you suggest for me only customizes the screen I get in PA20 / PA30. Perhaps it has something to do with the different SAP versions (I'm working with 4.7).

I'd like to give you some points nevertheless But I don't know how. You can e-mail me directions as to how to give points at spam@leeuwis.nu (don't worry about the name, I will actually read it). That way we won't pollute the forum too much.

Cheers,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jyothi and all,

could you please walk me thru the steps where can i find the function group and function module iam a novice to sap.i want to make ess iview changes and not on R/3 system ,using EP6.0 and ITS .any help would be great.

thanks

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jyothi,

this is what i need to do

EP6.0,ITS ,WEBAS,R/3 system 4.7 version

1) I need to see the address infotype with subtype 1 (permanent address)in the portal with all the fields.

2) I need to change field names in subtype2(Emergency address).eg:address line--> first address. and hide some fields.

i went to the EHU1 group and copied evertyhing, and do i make changes to the templates twice and assign it to pz02 and pz05 in T77www_sc

Do let me know in detail if possible where i need to modify the code.and the steps thereafter.

would really appreciate ur help

Thanks

venu