cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer data services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I want to create a data service in VC with the information of the users, groups and roles created in Portal, in order to create iViews with this information easily accessible from Portal, instead of using Users Management tab in Portal.

There's any way to do it? Where's stored this info? UME information is maybe contained in the Oracle database? How can access it to work with it?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

for your requirements you have to write a portal webservice, which returns the required values. I have written a portal webservice which returns all portalRoles and another one which returns the roles of a user. There was a yesterday a question about webservices yesterday. I'm looking forward to write a weblog this sunday. I think it will meet your requirements and you only have to modify the coding a little bit.

I will update this thread if I had finished my weblog.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Marcel. So I'll be waiting for this weblog to read it carefully. Your help could be very helpful for me.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

the first part is online now with the webservice coding. I'm looking forward to write the second part tomorrow in the evening after work. I'm also looking forward to collect codings of webservices for Visual Composer in the Wiki.

You'll find the first part [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8303] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks a lot for your help! Nevertheless, I've got troubles deploying the web services: I have made the method getRoles and after that I have pasted the code on GetAllPortalRoles Bean, and it seems it works well (no errors marked in the bean tab ), but after generating the EAR project and the .EAR file to deploy it, the deploying process fails:

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/CONSUL1/CONFIG~1/Temp/temp14424EARRoles.ear

Aborted: development component 'EARRoles'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2008.01.15.13.53.06'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/EARRoles.. Reason: Incorrect application sap.com/EARRoles:Error in the remote interface getAllPortalRoles.GetAllPortalRoles of bean GetAllPortalRolesBean: No corresponding business method in the bean class getAllPortalRoles.GetAllPortalRolesBean was found for method getRoles.Error in the local interface getAllPortalRoles.GetAllPortalRolesLocal of bean GetAllPortalRolesBean: No corresponding business method in the bean class was found for method getRoles.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.deployment.EJBDeploymentException: Incorrect application sap.com/EARRoles:Error in the remote interface getAllPortalRoles.GetAllPortalRoles of bean GetAllPortalRolesBean: No corresponding business method in the bean class getAllPortalRoles.GetAllPortalRolesBean was found for method getRoles.Error in the local interface getAllPortalRoles.GetAllPortalRolesLocal of bean GetAllPortalRolesBean: No corresponding business method in the bean class was found for method getRoles. at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.verifier.Verifier.check(Verifier.java:66) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.DeployAdmin.generate(DeployAdmin.java:254) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.EJBAdmin.deploy(EJBAdmin.java:2161) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:606) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.

and so on... Any idea why the deploying process is failing?

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

have you defined the business method getAllPortalRoles in your bean class? The error message says that there is no corresponding method. I'm looking forward to upload the complete ear file into our Wiki.

But try to redefine the business method.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I'm a colleague of Roberto and now I'm with this matter. We had already defined the business method getRoles with a fully qualified name of getAllPortalRoles.roleModel with Array format, but no business method getAllPortalRoles seems to exists in the code you attached. Even with the getRoles method defined, the error still appears.

Please, let us know if there's something we maybe have missed.

Best regards,

Jesús Ruiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessús,

I don't know what you have forgotten, but i can send you the whole package via Email. This would be the package which I want post in the WIKI.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Marcel! I've finally achieved the models successfully, even with some changes in the base models.

Best regards,

Jesús Ruiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcel,

Could you please send me the code, I am trying to implement the same in my project.

azanand@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance.