cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy content of webdynpro->src->mimes via JDI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe anyone has overcome this problem already.

I am developing a webdynpro application using JDI scenario 2+ (dev in track). The application has a xml ini file and some pictures in the src->mimes->Components folder.

When I build and deploy the DC directly from the developer studio (DC build, DC deploy), the files appear somewhere at usr/sap/JC00.../temp/webdynpro/.../Components.

Then I check in->activate->release all changes and transport them from Development to Consolidation. My application changes are transported properly, but the /usr/sap/JC00/../temp/webdynpro ends on the level of my vendor

--> none of the files at src->mimes->Components have been deployed.

Does anyone have an idea, what is wrong with my DC/installation ?

BTW: I have just upgraded all involved machines to NW04 SP13.

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I have just created a sample application (new product, new SC, new DC, added *.properties and an image as MIME) and it worked fine.

There is one strange things, I have found in all log files of CBS and SDM --> all are constantly stating "not needed", even though there have been changes.

What is very special about my runtime systems is, that I use the same runtime system for multiple purposes (DEV, Cons, Test, PROD) and multiple version tracks of the same SC (one track for each SP --> SP01, SP02, ...). I will do some more investigation on this an come up up with a more precise question.

Thank you for your support.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I looked up the SDM log of all activities I have imported to the Cons --> each one ends with

Info:Step SDM-deploy ended with result 'not needed'

I guess, this might be a side-effect of the automated deployment to DEV (which is the same runtime system). But when I open the History of the DEV system (transport studio -> tab Development -> History), I see none of the activities.

Anything, I can look up ?

Regards,

Stefan

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

As far as i know if a runtime system is attached to the Cons stage then it should deploy regardless of whether the application is already deployed or not.

Also if you have same runtime system attached to dev and cons the activity shows up in cons directly. this we had noticed when we had set up CMS. However i am not sure about this.

Would request you to just create a dummy application and try transporting it and see if you are still not able to deploy the application properly.

Also it may help to check the defaultTrace files.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhardt,

I get an exception thrown by my application because it cannot find an ini file.

I then examined the file system of the run time system and had to find out, that the directory structure ends after the <vendor> (E:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\web\tdata).

Each time I tried it out, I have activated and released by activities and the imported the activity into the Cons. System (for sure) by using the transport studio. The status afterwards was "import succeeded" and the activity appears on the assembly tab.

Now, after changing the J2EE system of my developer studio to the run time system SMA922, the file exists at

E:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\web\tdata\td~cp.webgui\Components\de.technidata.cfp.suppliercollaboration.SupplierCollaboration\cfp_ini.xml.

Vendor: tdata

DC: td/cp.webgui

WebDynpro Component: SupplierCollaboration

Component package: de.technidata.cfp.suppliercollaboration

Does this information help you ?

Regards,

Stefan

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Can you please check the logs of the activity after successful import to cons.

Just go to the history select the activity and click details and under the logs tab please check whether it actually got deployed by checking the logs against the SDM Deploy step.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I am using the same system for DEV, Cons, Test and production.

I am using a newly created track in JDI and have only imported my activities in DEV and Cons. Systems so far --> Currently all my activities and the system libraries are shown on the assembly tab with status "waiting for assembly".

Regards,

Stefan

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Since you are using the same runtime system for both Dev and Cons how do know that the application did not get correctly deployed.

What error are you getting when running the application and this at after which import step.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

the files appear at that place, when I deploy the DC directly from my developer studio. When I use the CMS Transport Studio for deployment, they do nOT appear, even when they are of the imported activity.

But, do you know whether I have to perform an assembly in the transport studio first ? (I have not performed the assembly step in the CMS transport studio for that track, yet).

Regards,

Stefan

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Refering to your earlier message you said that you were trying to tansport from dev to cons. I assumed that there was a runtime system associated with cons and the application was not getting deployed correctly on cons.

Assembly is step that is after import into cons.

1. Where are you trying to deploy cons or test.

2. Is a runtime system associated with cons.

Do let us know what your track config is.

Regards

Sidharth

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Arent they under /usr/sap/<Instance ID>/JC<Instance Nr>/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/webdynpro/web/<vendor>/<webdynpro>/components/<package>/*.gif

I found some at this location.

Regards

Sidharth