cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping Table Columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my webdynpro application we need to "Group Table Column". I am using NWDS 2.0.9. The "Insert Group COlumn" feature is not there in NWDS 2.0.9. If so how ca i group my table columns. Can anyone provide me a solution for this.

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

I have done this in my application too.

I have used two tables,

The things you need to do is,

1. Create a scroll container

2. Create 1st table,

3. assign the columns coming under its header.

4. create the 2nd table,

5. assign the rest of the columns under that header.

6. Table properties to be set

7. Now make footer visible false for both the table.

8. visible no of rows = -1

9. assigning same context or model node to both the tables will make it as one table itself, and selecting row in one table will also select same row in other table.

10.Dont keep wrapping as true in any table cell editor, because if there occurs any wrapping in one table, the alignment of rows will be disturbed for both.

11.And using scroll container instead of footer will not create the scrolling event of footer in the application.

This will solve your problem.

Mohak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

Thanx for the reply. That is what i wanted.

I am able to get 3 columns on First Table and 4 columns on Second Table. It seems to be as though the 2 rows are on 1 Table.

But my first Table does not contain any value in it. Just the Headers.So it is giving me a message after the Header like "Table is Empty". And Then the Second Table Headers with its contents. How can i avoid from the "Table is Empty" from getting displayed? Can you please help me out in this?

Regards,

Divya

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Set visible row count of the first table to -1 and empty table text to null.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The rowcountvisible is set to -1 already , no difference and the Table does not have a property called "Text". As the Table has only headers in it, it is giving me a note

"Table is empty". Could anyone help me in resolving this issue?

Regards,

Divya

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

The property name is emptyTableText, Is this property not present in your table UI element, if yes I guess you are using an older verion of NWDS because I have 7.0.6 also which shows me this property.

And I guess you can try with visibleRowCount = 0 too.

Let me know if visibleRowCount = 0 doesnt work as you want.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thankyou so much. That property is not reflecting as i am using NWDS 2.0.9. But giving visible row count as "0", my problem is solved. Thanx for the solutions.

Regards,

Divya.

Answers (0)