cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI check in an order related Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I do an Order related Billing in VF01, TAO item category does not have any check on whether PGI is done or not?

I need to establish the control on it.

Any Exit?

Pleasea give ur valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Anbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u need to define a data transfer requirement in copy ctrls from order to invoice.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VTFA, I found the copying Requirement is 023 - Item ord.ref. w/o AZ which is standard.

Do i need to create a user routine satisfying 023 also?

Please reply

Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

since this is order related billing then u will have to segregated the cases where PGI is req and those where its not. basis this u can retain 023 for cases whre u do not want a PGI and for others u can write a new req to validate if the pgi has happened.

saurabh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a proposal of customizing activities to achieve this:

1. Create a new item category as a copy of the normal item category used for non-prepaid

sales. (Change the billing in the item category to order related billing with no billing plan)

2. Create a new item category group "ZXXX" or something of your choice with the

description "Prepaid" or something like that.

3. In item category assignment, add or check entries so that you have the order type used,

and item category group defaulting the new item category.

4. Check copy control from sales document to billing document for the new item category.

Also delivery copy control could be good to check.

5. Create a new distribution channel and assign it to the company structure (plant, sales

org etc)

6. Extend your material(s) with views for the new distribution channel and enter the "ZXXX"

item category group in the field for sales item category group.

Now you should be able to create a sales order with the new distribution channel where the new item category is defaulted. Check that the sales order is completed when both billing and goods issue for the delivery is posted.

If not check the completion rule in the new item category.

hope it works.

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the nature of TAO is that

1. the billing is order related and therefore in many cases PGI is either irrelevant or that it is not done at all

2. if many transactions, especially involving Project Systems, confirmation of a milestone takes the place of PGI. it is after confirmation that you can bill a milestone.

hope this helped. reward if it did.

jty