cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding open items in credit management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

My query is that is it possible to restrict credit management for credit and debit open items? See i am using oldest open item blocking in my scenario. Now credit and debit amounts are both considered as open item for credit management. I want only invoice (Debit entry) for consideration and not his payment(credit entry).

Please advise is it possible or not and if possible where to define that???

With regards

Inder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dropped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again thanks jonathan

You better understand my problem. But thing is that i cant remove credit docs frm credti management as i hav to take care of this credit amount also while doing credit check.

My concern is only for oldest open item blocking.. rest all fine.

Say customer hav some very old credit balance say before oldest item block set in credit check. Now system treat is as oldest simply and blocks the order rather it is a credit balance means no dues.

hope u understand wht i mean to say ??

thanks dear

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

just execute this progarm RVKRED88, from htis report we can get the oldest open items and as per ur requirement remove them from the system.

pls correct me if iam wrong.

reward me if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All business have their own credit management needs, SAP allows you to specify your own automatic credit checks based on a variety of criteria. You can also specify at which critical points in the sales and distribution cycle the system carries out these checks.

SM30 - Table/View

V_TVTW – Define Distribution Channel

V_TVTA_KKB – Assign sales area to credit control area

V_T014 – FI - Define Credit Control Area

T001CM - FI – Assign Permitted Credit Control Area to company code

OVXG - Set up Sales Areas

e.g. Sales Organization

Distribution Channel Division Distribution Channel Division

FD32 - Customer Credit Management

OVAK - Define credit limit check by sales document type

Check Credit

A – Credit limit check and warning message

B – Credit limit check and error message (no sales order can be created)

C – Credit limit check and delivery block (block delivery if hit credit limit)

Options B and C -> used for checking open order values (when you create/change the sales order)

D – Automatic credit control with open order values

More control in transaction OVA8 - Automatic credit control

You check for open orders and deliveries, or just open deliveries.

or open order values with other options

Credit group

Allows you to combine different sales document types for the credit limit check

VKM1 - Blocked SD Documents – Finance have to released the delivery block

OVAD - Define credit limit check by delivery order

whether the automatic credit check occurs at the time of delivery creation and/or goods issue

OVA7 - Define credit limit check by item category

Set whether to include/exclude item category for credit limit check

OVA6 - Define credit group. You can groups together different business transactions which should be dealt with in the same manner with regard to the credit check.

You enter the credit groups when you configure the sales document types for credit management and define the (D – automatic credit check).

SAP default credit groups

01 – credit group for sales order

02 – credit group for delivery

03 – credit group for goods issue

OVA8 - Automatic credit control – Double click on the line items

You can have the followings credit limit check :-

Static

Depends on the customer total value of open orders, deliveries, billing documents and open items.

Open items

No of days open

Overdue open items checks is based on the ratio of open items that are overdue by a certain number of days.

Max open items %

The customer balance must not exceed a certain percentage.

Oldest open items

If you don’t want to deliver to the customer at all when even only 1 invoice is overdue.

Tick the Check for Oldest Open Item and Set the field Days oldest item = 1.

Days oldest item

No of days allowed for overdue or payment terms.

Use of the credit check Oldest Open Item. If a user attempts to alter the order quantity of a released sales document

that was previously blocked, it would be reblocked again by the system. The system only reblocks the sales document if the new order quantity is above a certain % amount.

Released documents are still unchecked

The preset % is whatever you want to set it as when configuring your automatic credit processing. You enter a deviation % and number of days,eg, you can set it so that an order can be changed by up to 10% within 30 days of original order entry date without it going back on credit block.

Next Review Date

If a customer has a credit limit of 1000 USD, and you would like to restrict this credit limit only to be available in current month (say March). If the document day is in April then the credit limit is zero.

You can use the “NextReview date” and “Number of days” fields and combined it with the “Last int.review” field in customer credit master “Status” view (FD32).

VOKR - Display of work list for credit management (configure the display variant)

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan

But i am not getting what u want to say. By removing that check means my sales order is not relevant for credit check then..

Plz advise

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, friend.

as i understood, for Credit Control you want Debits to customer be included in the control and Credits not. am i correct that if you are debiting the customer, the value should be added to his outstanding? and if there are credits to customer (for example reimbursement for wrong delivery) it should not decrease his credit exposure? if so...

to the best of my knowledge, SAP Credit Management (automatic controls) focus on your sales and delivery documents, with consideration to customer payments. so it is possible by removing the credit checks for credit memo requests.

depending on your business requirements, debit and credit transactions may be subject to credit control or not.

please post again. i find your situation interesting.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

one way is go to VOV8, select your credit sales document type. look for the credit check and leave it blank.

please say if this helped, and reward if it did.

regards.