cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT necessary??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In a SOAP->XI->RFC message flow ... I created a project in Project System(PS-EPS) on SAP R/3 using BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE ... do i have to use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to commit this transaction ... If Yes then how will i use it ... in design of integration scenario and ... in configuration phase of my integration scenario ...

Thanks in advance.

Debashish Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is necessary. You have to create a wrapper, copy BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE to ZBAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE and call the function module BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE and at the end call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Import the ZBAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE into XI instead BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE.

regards

Shravan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm dealing with FM BAPI_PROJECTDET_CREATE and actually I've noticed (unfortunately) that BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is not needed.

It seems that the project is created in the database (table PROJ) after the BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT is called.

I have a parameter called p_test (as checkbox) that is used in order to simulate all the registration, just to see errors, or to perform all the registrations in the database.

I need BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT in both situations bacause the TABLES parameter et_return contains errors details.

At the moment the program looks like this:

CALL BAPI_PROJECTDET_CREATE and BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT.

if <<no errors in bapis BAPI_PROJECTDET_CREATE and BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT>>

and p_test is not initial.

CALL BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

endif.

It doesn't work!

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the source code of BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE and check if sap has explicit commit in it. if you dont find one.

if you dont find one, the best approach would be to create a seperate ZRFC which wraps BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE

and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Naveen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

yes you have to commit many new bapis yourself:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000328352005E/HowtouseBAPandccBPM.pdf

Regards,

michal