cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restart MDM Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using MDM SP4. We have a repository Z_ATLAS_MATERIAL_P_TST in SP4. Yesterday I tried to rename this repository but I was not aware that in SP4 we can't rename repository...it's a bug. So, when I renamed this repository to Z_ATLAS_MATERIAL_P_TST1 it gave me error "MDM Repository is invalid" and after 2-3 mins the console window get closed.

Then I tried several times to mount that MDM server in new console session but everytime console gets terminated.

But in the background MDM server and SQL server were running.

Today, when I restarted the MDM server,it ran for 1-2 mins then it got terminated abrubtly.

Can any one of please suggest what could be the reason and how to resolve it.

Thanks,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your support. The problem was in the mds.ini file. Now it's rectified.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

We also faced with such problem. First try to re install MDM Console client, even though if it doesnt start then try to restart your services through services.msc in the RUN. Restart your MDM server, Listeners and Database Services.

Hope this solves your problem.

Reward points if helpful.

Prasad......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

please first check the MDM and SQL server and its listner services whether they are started.

if they are started mount the server and then unarchive the repository with the previously named repository.

let me know any further error message u received.

thanx,

swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Just de-install the MDM Console and install it again.just try with it.

Hope this will solve your problem..

Regards,

Saurabh