cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNrs,

I dont know anyting about ABAP API. I want to learn it,so can u send me the documents,regarding the same.Like What is ABAP API, why it is used,and how it is used.

Useful document will be rewarded.

Thanks in advance.

Neethu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

I'd like to share something on ABAP API in SAP MDM context..to start it with...

Purpose

The MDM ABAP API provides an interface for accessing SAP MDM 5.5 using ABAP. The interface is easy to configure and convenient to use. The MDM ABAP API is delivered on SAP Web AS 6.40 and 7.00. It is optimized for ABAP developers and available using ABAP Objects and function modules (partly remote enabled). In addition to the core services performed on the records (create, retrieve, update, delete, query, etc), metadata (tables, fields, etc.) and administrative functions (such as repository) are delivered.

Both CCMS integration and advanced logging and tracing functionality are provided. A basic SLD integration is possible.

There is a broad variety of detailed documentation, including interface documentation with code samples, configuration guide, How To Guides, and a chapter in the CCMS documentation.

Implementation Considerations

The architecture of MDM ABAP API consists of the following components:

On the Web AS ABAP:

The Generic API is the release-independent programming interface to access data on the MDM Server using ABAP programming.

The Provider Framework provides an interface for the different releases of MDM.

The C-Kernel enables communication with the MDM Server.

The MDM Server contains repositories that store the master data to be accessed by the ABAP system.

The following graphic shows how the components interact:

Features

The MDM ABAP API empowers ABAP-based applications to control MDM Servers using most of the functions available in the MDM Console and MDM Data Manager applications.

The API is provided with:

Interfaces and methods (ABAP objects)

Function groups and function modules

The interfaces with the extension SIMPLE have the following advantages:

Simple and comfortable access

Generic and object-oriented

Methods use DDIC structures (no arrays, but tables and fields)

Some function modules are remote enabled (Web services, RFC).

The units of measurement of MDM and the ABAP system are mapped according to certain rules. If the mapping cannot be completed, you might receive an error message. In this case you should check the units of measurement in the customizing of the ABAP system.

Constraints

The MDM ABAP API has the following constraints:

Update user: Name cannot be updated

No real values (float single precision)

General MDM Server problems on those components: user management, trusted connection, etc.

Terminology

With MDM 5.5 SP04 the term client system was changed to remote system. In this documentation (MDM ABAP API) the term client system is still used and is a synonym for remote system.

Unicode

In the communication between Unicode SAP NetWeaver MDM and non-Unicode entities (such as single codepage Web AS ABAP), only characters which are defined in the non-Unicode system codepage can be exchanged. In such communication contexts SAP strongly recommends to use the ABAP stack in Unicode only

However,if u can share ur mail ID i can send one documentation which is about finding identical records frrom MDM by using ABAP API.

Best regards,

Krutarth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

if you have access to the [Service Market Place|https://service.sap.com], check the ABAP API How-To's ! Those contain a detailed description (and the corresponding ABAP source code) about the API functionality.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

Thanks for replying ,but i donot have access to service market place .

Regards,

Neethu