cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: BI Post Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After Installation of BI 7.0 i have completed most of the post installation activities which includes connection to

source system, connection to Flat files, BI Content Installation and technical content activation. I am also on the way to configure BI JAVA settings using template installer. However i have a doubt that when we enable SSO between java and abap engine using template installer all the java users will be existing in 001 client whereas for BI ABAP we will be using a seperate client say 900.How do we map this client to j2ee engine for SSO. In our case both abap and java were installed in same application server.

What were the configurations to be done to set BI master client and also what else is the post installation steps involved in this. Share ur knowledge.

regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu

I will not be able to help you on your issue but i need help from YOU.

I have installed AS java + AS abap on my server and installed an

Add-on ( BI content 7.0 ) and also applied the BI patches.

Can let me know what are the post-installation steps that needs to be done.

How do we define the source system ( how to use the RSA1 TCode ).

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Trying to understand BI post-installation and administration from questions on SDN is a bit ambitious, don't you think? In addition to formal training, I at least suggest utilizing help.sap.com to get a start. For example, you can check the Technical Operations Manual section on BI and the Administration of IT Scenarios for Enterprise Data Warehousing, Business Planning and Analytical Services and Enterprise Reporting, Query and Analysis. You may also check the functional help on those scenarios, as well.

Best Regards,

Matt

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Matt...

Reading about RSPOR_SETUP may put you in the right direction.

Regards

Juan