cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do u mean by assingning master record internally and externally??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think,in master records,if we are defining number ranges then,the number is given INTERNALLY.

When we are defining number ranges,we have to put a check there,then external number ranges are assigned.

Correct me if i am wrong.

If it is correct,then award me points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the number assignment is based on the account group

Former Member
0 Kudos

i referred the help document regarding this.

the number assignment is done based on the account group.

if its external -- the number range is alpha numeric

and if tis internal-the number is generated in a series (the range is specified during configuration for both)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyaraj,

Consider a case where you are creating a customer master using [XD01]. The customer number can be obtained using 2 ways

1) Internal (System generated)

2) External (User entry)

The configuration for whether the internal or external method should be used in done with the account group and number ranges.

Incase of the internal number range the system would maintain the last used number and proceed as and when a new customer is created. It would be a numeric running sequence.

Incase of the external number range the system would not maintain the last used number. It would be maintained by the end user if requried and the customer number could be alpha numeric.

Hope it had helped you with the understanding. Do reward if it had.

Regards,

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think this is about the number range...

u can give the intrernal number range to the masters where system itself will give the documetns a munber.

in external number range is customized then u can give ur own numbers.

im not sure but, it seems like what i have mentioned.