cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch field display only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

When I am trying to create variant for VL10B through SHD0 (to change the batch field into display mode) I am getting the following error "Variants are possible only for dialog transactions." Can anyone explain me this. Can anyone provide me any other alternative to change the batch field into display more (output only). Urgent please...

Rama

Edited by: Rama Rao on Jan 11, 2008 6:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

hi Rama

pls run SHD0 for Tcode VL10X, i think it's possible to created variant for VL10B successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks to all,

After giving the require data we will process the delivery in the background through VL10B. Then we will get the delivery number where in we can open that delivery. Then if we change that document from display mode to change, the batch field will become as editable. Now I dont want to become that batch field as editable even if we change the document from display mode to change mode. So my requirement is not exactly in VL10B. I think it is in VL02N. So I tried to create a variant in VL02n. It processed everything and getting saved also. But variant was not getting created.

Can anyone suggest me this?

Rama rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

the tcode VL10B is a bacground transaction i.e it creates deliveries in background thats the reason it is throwing error "Variants are possible only for dialog transactions." that means variants are only possible for online tcodes like VA01, VL01N etc

you can make the batch field through some userexit

regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i do not think u can process the documents or make changes to them in vl10b if tht is wat u intend to do. u can make chnages to the screens of vl10b. am sorry i have not been able to find the field you are luking at, if u cud be more specific then we can help u better.

saurabh