Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify a table without setting system to modifiable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is there a way to modify a table without setting the system to modifiable either in SCC4 or SE06.

We locked SCC4 in our system , however one tables are not able to modify.

table name YAUTM

Is there a way to bypass this?

Edited by: Shou Woon Wee on Jan 11, 2008 3:09 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to change the table with SM30, or are you using SE16 or SE16N ? Is YAUTM defined as a customizing table? Maybe you have got to set the flag 'current settings' for the generated table maintenance dialog.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shou......

if it gives you a message....."the client is not modifiable"/ ALIAS "table not modifiable" ...then from a security perspective....you cant, and you might not want to bypass it!

SCC4 settings are meant to be for that! Contact your Basis team for this.

The only way to bypass this is thru ....sending changes through a transport request.

Curiosity: what environment are you trying this out ? cant be sandbox or DEV!

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shou,

YES, you can modify the table without doing any changes in SCC4.

In SE06 , if you change the Software component , Technical name to MODIFIABLE , RESTRICTED MODIFIABILITY & NOT MODIFIABLE depends on the message system shows.

Rgds,

gadde

0 Kudos

HI Hai

I need to modify the tables without using SCC4 or SE06 to set the system to modifiable , as the tables that need to be modify are customizing tables and not sap standard tables. is there a way to do it.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to change the table with SM30, or are you using SE16 or SE16N ? Is YAUTM defined as a customizing table? Maybe you have got to set the flag 'current settings' for the generated table maintenance dialog.

0 Kudos

Hi p121848

We are using both to modify the tables SE16 and SM30, YAUTM is define as a customizing tables, is there a way to modify this tables without using SCC4 or SE06 to set the system to modifiable before changing the table

0 Kudos

What version are you working on? I'm pretty sure that 4.7+ will not let you edit the table via SE16 without using debug.

From memory, if you developer sets the delivery class of the table to C (it is a custom table right...) then you will be able to maintain it through SM30 with the system still locked.

Furthermore, you should speak to your development team about this. This is pretty standard ABAP stuff. Good practice would dictate that you link it to a tx code so it can be maintained that way (like many standard SAP tables).

0 Kudos

I beleive C stands for Customizing, not Custom.

From my memory, the delivery class you are looking for is "L" (local transparent table).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

C is Customer. You are right that L will work, though I swear that I applied an OSS note a while back which wanted it to be set to C.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

In my system, value 'C' of domain CONTFLAG is called "Customizing table, maintenance only by cust., not SAP import".

So it is "Customizing", but the customer maintains it and a SAP import (upgrade etc) does not change the contents.

Perhaps the SAP note you implemented related to "current settings" of Customizing tables?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

Thanks the problem is solve. point awarded

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Thanks for the Help. problem solve

0 Kudos

Hi ALEX,

I am using Tcode OB58. whenever i need to use this the clinet status in SCC4 needs to change.

I dont want to change client status in scc4 every time.

Is there any workaround or solution that i can use OB58 without making changes in SCC4.

Please Help. Urgent.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Thanks&Regards,

Abuzar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that this is in production & system is set with all relevant production settings, the following notes might be of use: