cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realignment runs very long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Am realigning around 10,000 steps but would like to complete it in very short time, but based on recent past experience, it takes around 12 days. The system takes approximately around 12 seconds per CVC realignment. When I look into the SM50 during the realignment job execution, it is consuming only 1 Background process. May be becasue of this it is taking more time.

Could you let me know how to schedule parallely? Or is there a way to define parallel processing profile? But I don't see an option for defining Parallel processing profile for Realignment in Customizing unlike what we do for batch processing, prop calculation etc. Help will be greatly rewarded. Thanks.

Regards

Bharani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Realignment needs to be done in smaller installments. Say 100 at a time. However I am not sure if you should run parallel realignment runs. Reason being each realignment tries to also make the POS consistent, which means the higher aggregate values are sum of its details. Perhaps that is also the reason why parallel profile is not provided in the realignment transaction. Also there are scores of realignment related OSS notes to improve performance and fix some glitches. you would want to be on top of OSS note application on that one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply. Will get back if I have any questions. You are rewarded.

Regards

Bharani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharani,

Note 812045 gives some advice reagarding realignment performance.

I think that the best option is to:

1. Extract the volumes from the Plannig Area to an Info Cube

2. Realign the data in the Info Cube. The performance is much better!!!

3. Generate CVCs based on the data in the cube.

4. Re-load the realigned volumes back to the Planning Area.

Regards

Alper Myumyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alper,

I did already look into the SNote but most of the settings we already have, in terms of Add and deletion logic. Realigning from Infocube will be a good idea.

Thanks for your reply. Will get back if I have any questions. You are rewarded.

Regards

Bharani