cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Interactive form example ?....urgent...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to submit the data in the adobe interactive form to the R/3 using abap webdynpro.

But I don't know how to complete the submit code in the R/3 or the adobe form?

Action:

1. create a adobe interactive form (a_interactive_form)in the view of the WDA for abap.

2. create a adobe form (b_form)in the R/3 using sfp with a inputfield and submit button.

3. bind the b_form to the a_interactive_form, and bind the context to the b_form so that the data can be transfered to the b_form.

4. type code in the WDA for abap for setting data to the context.

5. active the WDA and run the WDA.

6. Type the inputfield "ssssss" in the adobe form and click the submit button.

now, the step 1 to 5 is ok. But I don't know how to complete the submit code in the R/3 or the adobe form so that the WDA may get the data "ssssss"?

Do you give some example or some hint for this problem ?

Thanks & Regards,

Tao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two ways you can design the submit button for interactive form. Please follow these

First : Do not put the submit button on the Interactive Form

Instead put the submit button on the view itself. Create a Action for the Submit button.

Now Open the Properties of InteractiveForm and you can see onAction events. There you can associate the Submit Action which you have designed to the OnAction event of Adobe Interative form.

Second :

In SFP transaction, associate button from the libraray ->WebDynproNative->Submit. This will take care of Submit Event and in the view onAction you have to assign this Submit Event. This will create one Action in the view and you have to write code.

My suggestion : Do not try the second one as you may encounter some script issue.

Please use the first suggestion given by me and contact me immediately if you are facing any probelm.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Satyabrata,

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

For the first method, I understand it ought to be applied to online. But How can i trigger the onSubmit event in the Properties of InteractiveForm when I click the button that is placed the view ? do you give me more detail for the problem?

For the second method, I understand it ought to be applied to offline. But How can I trigger the Submit button in the Interactive Form so that it can call my method in the specified webdynpro for transfering the data to the webdynpro for abap ? do you give me more detail for the problem?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

tao

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wang,

Answer to your first question

I can understand your concern but it will work because you are trying to link the the OnSubmit event of InteractiveForm with the Action created for the Submit button.

If you try to implement the steps which i have mentioned earlier you will understand it.

Just giving you an example Suppose the you have put one button name SavePDF in the view and you have assigned one action SavePDF with the button SavePDF.

Now go to InteractiveForm properties ->Events->OnSubmit you have to assign the SavePDF action. Now as the all the data are mapped automatically from PDF to view Context, you can get all the data in SavePDF method and do what ever you want.

Answer to your second question

My 2nd method can also be used for online application but I will suggest first try the 1st step.

Please award points if you are happy with the answer.

Cheers

Satya

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you facing any problem with any of the steps mentioned above?

Please get back to me if you are facing any issues.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Satyabrata,

I try the first method, the following is my steps:

1) create a button(named savepdf) in the view.

2) create a event(onAction) in the propertied of the button( SAVEPDFACTION ), and type code in the method ONACTIONSAVEPDF.

3) create a event(onSubmit) in the propertied of the interactiveform( SAVEPDFACTION ) for typing code in the method.

Now, the System occur error: There is already an action named SAVEPDFACTION. So I modifed the event( onSubmit ) name( SAVEPDFACTION1 ) in the propertied of the interactiveform, and type code in the method(onactionSAVEPDFACTION1). Then, I run the programe, but I don't find the system call the code of the method (onactionSAVEPDFACTION1) when I click the button(savepdf), and system call the method SAVEPDFACTION only.

do I change configuration of the button(savepdf)? Do you give me some hint?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

tao

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You are doing everything correct .. just a small mistake in the step3 of your process.

So refer to your previous post. Go to your point3

create a event(onSubmit) in the propertied of the interactiveform( SAVEPDFACTION ) for typing code in the method.

This is the mistake you are doing. Here You do not have create a new event.

If you will see the dropdown we will get the Action which you have created for SAVE PDF button.

You just have to associate the same action here. Do not create on the create button.

Now save your view and activate it.

You will be able to call the SAVEPDF.

This will solve your problem.

Hope you got me.

Cheers

Satya

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You will definitely solve this. You are just doing mistake at the last step.

Do not create a new action while trying assign action for OnSubmit for the InteractiveForm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Satyabrata,

I understand your concern.

I can find the dropdown in the events(onSubmit) in the properties of the interactiveform. I can select the Action(savepdfaction) which I have created for SAVE PDF button from the dropdown in the events(onSubmit) in the properties of the interactiveform, so that the two event(onaction in the button and onsubmit in the interactiveform) have been associated on the online mode.

Thanks a million for your help.

Thanks again.:)

Best regards,

tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata,

Please help me on online interactive form issue in ABAP webdynpro. I did same thing, what you people discussed the above.

I'm not receiving data from interactive adobe to WDA. I'm sending data from WDA to Interactive adobe form successfully.

Please give me inputs....... & your contact no (great help for me)

Thanks & Regards

Sridhar

Answers (0)