cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running SAPSSO.MSI from Installation Server On End Install

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am setting a GUI installation server for 7.10. The last thing I want to do is run the SAPSSO.MSI, if it hasn't already been executed. I check for the existence of gsskrb5.dll and if it is not there I execute

strCmdLine = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%SapSrcDir%\Silabs\SSO\sapsso.msi")

bNoWaiting = vbFalse

bVisible = vbTrue

NwEngine.Shell.Execute strCmdLine, bNoWaiting, bVisible

The command if failing with a

BScript runtime error of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'NwEngine.Shell.Execute'

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MJ,

The command line would have to be more of the form MSIEXEC /some parameters /path to MSI. I don't remember the exact commands. You can look them up on Microsoft's website. The MSI only sets the enviroment variable for the installing user the last time I looked at it. We simply copy gsskrb5.dll to %Windir% and set a System level variable. You can do that in the scripting. Set SNC_LIB = %WINDIR%\System32\gsskrb5.dll in our case. Registry will look like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"SNC_LIB"="C:
\WINDOWS
\System32
\gsskrb5.dll"

NOTE - The triple slashes should be double slashes, didn't show up when I posted first time.

Good Luck,

John

Edited by: John Reynders on Jan 10, 2008 5:14 PM

Edited by: John Reynders on Jan 10, 2008 5:15 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Fabulous!