cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM SUS CLIENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the pros and cons of having SRM-SUS insatlled in one box to those installed in differnt box.What is the criteria for deciding wether to go for one box or seperate box installation.

In my previous project the only reason we went for 2 Box was security concern is there any technical reason for 2 box

have seen the OSS note 573383 which gives some idea about pros and cons of installing SRM-SUS in one client in one BOX only.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add to what Claudia said:

Pros:

- Complete separation of Purchaser (EBP) & Supplier Systems (SUS)

- You can have separate domains/hosts (different URL). You can have purchasing only in intranet and only SUS on internet.

- No shared objects (Client Independent objects)

Cons

- More hardware cost

- One more installation

- One more system maintenance

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for valuable inputs.

So can I conslude that all boils to only two reason that is SECUIRTY CONCERNS and COST as the only reasons and no technolgy related issue as reason for having SRM and SUS in one BOX

In my previous project we seperated SRM and SUS due to security concern was wondering can there be any reason to tell the client reason for segregation

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep - it get's mainly back to these two elements - costs and maintenance.

How about some points for Ramki and me - just for motivation and give us a smile?

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have awarded points to all of you.Thanks for all the help and support.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

good overview provides Note 573383.

Besides security as well maintenance reasons, it depends on the process landscape

and what you plan to do in the future.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for input.

I have seen the OSS note 573383 which gives some idea about pros and cons of installing SRM-SUS in one client in one BOX only.

I need to know pros and cons of installing SRM-SUS in 2 seperate clinet in one BOX or SRM-SUS in 2 seperate BOX.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the client is the main difference. Several boxes are mainly a matter of money in terms of Hardware as well Maintenance. I am not sure it that would also count as two different implementations and therefore more license costs. Implementation means to set up basically two SRM systems, where one becomes a SRM Baby and the other the SUS Baby. A bit more effort.

For the pro side the same like for the clients count. SUS can be maintained separately as well security does not get a headache cause external users can be hold more easily in front of the firewall.

These are my two cents.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.