cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger scenario when receive a flag 'X' through Unix script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to schedule my scenarios through a third party software which does scheduling of all jobs across landscape.

My requirement is as follows:

1) receive a flag having value 'X' through Unix shell script and then i want to trigger my PI scenario.

2) when my scenario is successful then i want to send a success flag to third party schedular so that it can proceed with rest of the job scheduling.

-> This second part i can perhaps do by using OS level commands after message processing.

However how can i trigger my scenario after receiving flag?

Thanks ,

Atul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a file generated at a particular folder and use the file adapter to kick off the scneario...

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks for ur reply.

Can u plz suggest any blogs for this...

I have understood it like below:

I will create a file through Unix script.

This file will trigger my scenario.

then if my real scenario is File to JDBC How should i pick up new file?

How to achieve this order like:

Receive first file

Receive second file

Send to JDBC.

I am confused with Receiving first file and then again calling second channel to receive another file..

Can u suggest how to configure it in ID? Like how many sender agreements, Receiver agreements etc

Thanks,

Atul

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul, That would have been my approach. I dont think there is any blog for that.

BPM was in my mind. You trigger the scenario when you have the dummy flag file. Then initiate the BPM. In BPM you would have to use a Send step for the actual file and then receive it in JDBC using a receive step.

With this suggession do start exploring and I am sure, you would have lots of learnings in implementing this scenario and you can come up with blog of your own!!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks or ur valuable inputs ..

I am working on that...

Regards,

Atul