Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintain the roles only in one language

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i wants that the roles will be maintained in transaction PFCG only in one language (choose EN by defult or disable the option of supporting the translation in other language), even that every user log on in the language thats he wants.

somebody knows how to do that?

thanks

oren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oren,

Interesting question. I know for the fact that the language taken by SAP while creating roles with PFCG is the language in which you logon to the system.

We faced some similar problems and had to implement note:

Note 854311 - SE63: Translation of role texts fails

in order to change some of the original language of roles back to EN.

Let me check if I can find something on this, am also curious on this one.

Thank you

Abhishek

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oren,

Interesting question. I know for the fact that the language taken by SAP while creating roles with PFCG is the language in which you logon to the system.

We faced some similar problems and had to implement note:

Note 854311 - SE63: Translation of role texts fails

in order to change some of the original language of roles back to EN.

Let me check if I can find something on this, am also curious on this one.

Thank you

Abhishek

0 Kudos

You could consider running the report from note 854311 on a daily basis. That will at least make sure all roles end up being in the same language, even if they were created in different languages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading that note thanks to you, and it was very helpfull.

althouth that it is somehow helps me, I still have a problem.

after the creation of that role, the org. lang. will be EN but when somebody wants to change the text in his lang. log on it will prevent him to do that.

i want that he will be able to change the org. lang. of a role from his lang.

anybody have a solution for that?

tnx

oren

0 Kudos

Hi Oren,

SAP does prevent changing text of a role if we are not logged in the logon language as that of the role.

Perhaps, if you browse through more on the note, SAP does give us a custom program to counter that. You might to also want to check that program, check the version though for compatibility.

Cheers

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Abhishek

i agree with you, but I saw a few occurrences that the role was maintained on two different language, one was the english and the other was a language that was different from english, despite the text was writen only in english. (it occured because the lang. of the logon that the user choose to start with)

so i`m not sure that will solve the problem, but i`m realy sure that i`m going to use that.

tnx

0 Kudos

Hi Oren,

You might want to try checking some SAP notes on this. I am sure there will something out there.

Just check if this helps:

Note 431932 - PFCG: Useless language selection dialog box

An activity group is maintained in two (or more) languages

In which version of SAP are you facing this?

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ecc 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i will try it and i will tell you if it works.

tnx, anyway

oren