cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classpath entry in MANIFEST.MF file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I deploy my application I get an error saying classpath entry in the MANIFEST.MF file is not correct.

The .ear file I am using has lot of .jar files, it is complaining about 1 or 2 jars at at time when I try to deploy the application. After I correct these 1 or 2 jars it complains about some other jar.

The error is something like .... .

Cannot deploy application .... Reason: classpath entry in ..../xxx.jar is specified in

.... xxx.jar/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF cannot be resolved.

The question is someone else deployed .ear file with the same .jar and it was ok.

Is there an option that I can set to ignore the classpath information in MANIFEST.MF file.

thanks

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also be keen to know if there is a configuration option to disable such strict validation of the manifest.mf.

Please advise if this is possible?

Thanks,

Andy.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is no such option. You have to correct your ClassPath attributes or (if it's easier for you) delete them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am deploying an ear file on Netweaver version 7.1.

Consider the following EAR file structure:

The main folder, say EAR, contains two folders "common" and "folder1"

"common" contains someutil.jar and

" folder1 " contains abc.jar and xyz.jar

Given the above structure, the Manifest file in abc.jar contains Class-path entry

common/someutil.jar xyz.jar

When deploying the ear file, I get error saying the Class-path entry common/someutil.jar specified in folder1/abc.jar cannot be resolved.

I changed the class-path to be ../common/someutil.jar and I get the error saying Class-path entry ../common/someutil.jar specified in folder1/abc.jar cannot be resolved

The class-path entry for xyz.jar is resolved without any issues.

Kindly let me know the mistake I am making or what the real issue is.

Edited by: Dana Testa on Jan 21, 2008 9:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am deploying an ear file on Netweaver version 7.1.

Consider the following EAR file structure:

The main folder, say EAR contains two folders "common" and "folder1"

"common" contains someutil.jar and

" folder1 " contains abc.jar and xyz.jar

Given the above structure, the Manifest file in abc.jar contains Class-path entry

common/someutil.jar xyz.jar

When deploying the ear file, I get error saying the Class-path entry common/someutil.jar specified in folder1/abc.jar cannot be resolved.

I changed the class-path to be ../common/someutil.jar and I get the error saying Class-path entry ../common/someutil.jar specified in folder1/abc.jar cannot be resolved

The class-path entry for xyz.jar is resolved without any issues.

Kindly let me know the mistake I am making or what the real issue is.

Edited by: Dana Testa on Jan 21, 2008 9:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked for me when I removed classpath entry from the METAINF.. file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me understand SAP Netweaver better.

Is removing the Class-path entry from the Manifest file the only solution?

Why is there a strict check on the Class-Path entry during deployment? I am able to deploy the same .ear file on Weblogic, JBoss and Websphere App servers.

Is there any deployment mode that I can use so that such strict checks are avoided?

regards.