cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy name space from server to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u explain me how to import namespces from one server to another server.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

There are basically three types of transport mechanisms for transporting XI components:

i) File Transport Mechanism.

ii) CMS Transfer.

iii) CTS (ABAP) Transfer.

The easiest being FILE TRANSPORT MECHANISM .Right click on the SWCV .. click on EXPORT. This will transfer desired namespace of your SWCV to the Export directory of your system. You will require administrator rights to access this particular directory and transfer it to the import directory of the desired target system.

Once this is done, you can IMPORT the desired object by clicking on Tools-->Import Objects.

Regards,

Yashaswee.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it kind of movement from DEV to Q sytems? Then CMS or File transports would be an option.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

I completed my scnarios(namespaces) in first server , I entered into another my second server, here i want to import all those scenarios(namespaces) which i have done in first server.

Thanks,

Rajesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is CMS (Change management service) configured in your landscape?

If not -

1. Import the Product, SWC to the new system SLD (if not a central SLD)

2. Import the Tech and business systems

3. Make sure the Transportation targets are set properly in SLD

4. Export objects from repository and directory as some one mentioned above.

5. Ask you basi people to import them for you.

6. Activate them in the new system.

VJ

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U have to use file transport. In IR menu -> Transport IR Objects -> Select Individual Object -> Select ur namespace. The object is exported as tpz file. Move it to ur target server and then import the object. See this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek