cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down by Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a dropdown list in my app. (by Index) that contains a list a values to select from. However, I don't want any initial value to be displayed in it when the view is called for the first time. Despite the fact that the according context has 0..n and 0..1 for cardinality / selection it insists on an initial lead selection, otherwise it will dump.

Is there any way to do it other than to add an emtpy dummy line to the itab ?

Thanks and yes - you will get points for a useful answer, I promise ...

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

The best solution for you problem is to use a drop down by key and bibd you values to the node.. it will display you with a record onlky after selecting one from the record.

Regards

Sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarath,

thanks for the answer, but if I bind the DDI to the node it will automatically display the first entry of the context. Any chance to tell him not to do that ?

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Sarath said, you can use DD by key. It will automatically display first entry. You can very well change the default value by calling the method SET_ATTRIBUTE on the drop down attribute.

If you want Initial value to be selected, just add the initial value to your internal table before calling the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET.

Hope it helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank.

Just deselect the Initialization Lead Selection checkbox of the context node which contains the values.

If I do it here no initial entry is selected and no dump occures..

Cheers,

Sascha

Edited by: Sascha Dingeldey on Jan 15, 2008 12:10 PM

former_member182190
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

You dont have an option but to populate an Empty record in the dropdown when you dont want to show anything in the dropdown else the application will dump if you dont have any values.

Regards,

Ismail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frank....

in the node which is bound to the drop down box, just insert an empty record to that input field.

---regards,

alex b justin