cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect from visual composer to BSP ??

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I try to connect to bsp from visual composer.

it works when I hardcode the url of the bsp with all the variables added in a formula (as a toolbar button)

the problem is only that the url is not very flexible so when transporting from development to test the url is not working anymore.

I was figuring out if I could use bsp iview for this to pass the parameters to the bps iview which triggers the bsp ??

but it is not clear to me how and what to do to make this work ?

can anybody help ?

kind regards

arthur de smidt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also had this issue. I tried to integrate a webapplication into VC via html and URL, the problem is, that the host and the port of the development portal/abap dev system is fix and you have no chance to get it in VC, so you have to solve this with a workaround, e.g. you can create a z table in your abap backend system with the host and the port and then write an abap rfc function module for getting the information and use it in the URL.

Maybe this helps you, if you use it in the productive system it would be better if you have an fix URL in the VC iViews instead of calling every time the BAPI to get the host of your productive systems.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep that was also the way of my first sollution but I believed that working with a bsp iview you don't have to bother about the system it is running on anymore.

I can start the bps iview from visual composer , only problem is how to transfer the 'GET' paramaters from visual composer to the bsp iview.

kind regards

arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

ok I see. I think it should be easy to pass the GET parameters to BSP via URL. I'm not a BSP expert I know the technology and it's like PHP or other server side programming language. I think you have to add the parameters via URL like http://www.sap.com/yourBSPpage.bsp?parameter1=value1&parameter2=value2 the URL request should be done in a html view and the URL of the html view is a formula in your VC. The communication from BSP to VC can be done via Java Script in your BSP similar you can do this with web applications built with the Web Application Designer. There is a document I thought from Prakash Darji about the communication with Java Script in the VC area.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have found something with dynamicparameters that should do the tric, only no time here to figure that out. so I have implmented you're suggestion above and made a function which returns the exact url for each system

kind regards

arthur

Answers (0)