cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a big button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I should create a WebDynpro GUI that will be used on a touch-screen. So I'm interested in buttons that are a bigger than standard size. I can only find a possibility to increas the button's width in the properties. But I can't find any possibility to increase its height. Can anybody help me?

Regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the image.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I had already considered this. Of course I could create an image with the desired text. But my App should support multiple languages. Is it possible to display another image dependig on the currently configured language?

Moreover: Is there any possibility to increase the height of lines in a table?

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a calculated attribute which returns images based on the Locale.

Bind this attribiute to the button.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, the idea seems to be not so bad. Should be a possible workaround, even if it causes some effort.

Does anybody else have any more ideas?

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Use a plain image with only height and with no width,

along with that bind the name with the context to change the button name.

this increases the height of the button and also gives you the desired button name.

Regards,

Mohak.

Edited by: Hanif Kukkalli on Jan 11, 2008 7:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure if you put line break line height will increase .

text + '\n'

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there is no "height" property available at the Button UI element you could try this hack: Put a spacer image into your component mimes folder (transparent gif, width=1px, height= e.g. 50px) and set "imageSource" to the spacer filename.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

seems to be a good solution. But my button does not fit to the image's size, neither in width nor in heigth. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, seems like the button height is not pushed by its icon. Settings its width to some pixel value works at least.

Then you probably have to use LinkToAction with localized images and select the correct image from the used locale (WDResourceHandler.getCurrentSessionLocale()).

Armin