cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users created after system copy do not have access to objects in OM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have a recently made a complete system copy of our production system, that seem to be working fine. My problem is related to new users created on the new system, by means of copying existing users settings. Users that existed in the system before the copy was made, have no problems accessing any information. However, users created in the system copy have trouble accessing the same information even though the users are created by copying alle the settings from an existing user. Example: new users receive a message saying "No objects found" when searching for an org. unit. in ppome.

Why is there a difference between an existing user, and a new user copied from the existing user? Any ideas?

Anette

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anette,

Are the new users been added to the Org structure?

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean as employees, then no. The users in question are external consultants, doing an analysis. The existing users that I copied to make their users, are employees. If you mean something else, you will have to specify as I have never done this before

Anette

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah.. thats what i meant... sometime auth are attached to the org structure... create a user with SAP_ALL and check if it can read the data... if it work then you have auth issues and you can troobleshoot by doing a trace on the user.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, because both the users I have had trouble with today have SAP_ALL already. Sorry... should have mentioned that.

From what I have been reading on the web today, my problem does not seem to have anything to do with authorizations, because the new and old users have identical roles and profiles, and everything seems to be synchronized and in order.

Still; when I am logged in with two users that are identical in everything but their ID, and access the organizational structure, I get two different results. The old user can search and find org. units and every other object in OM. The new user can access ppome, but doesn't find any objects when searching.

I really have no idea what could be wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running su53 today I got an error message that did not turn up yesterday, and that lead med to believe that you are correct in assuming the problem has something to do with authorizations. Despite the fact that the user has SAP_ALL, I get a list of failed Failed HR Structure Authorizations. I don't really want to add them to the organizational structure because they are not employees. I have tried running a trace, but i don't really know what I am looking for.

Anette

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anette,

Some HR Authorizations are restricted depending on the position or org key that the user is sitting on PPOME. Maybe you can add SAP_NEW and S_A.SYSTEM profiles and try again

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Not very sure what is happening in this case but normally we face an issue with all our users after system copy. We need to then change PPOMA settings everytime. Here it is happening partially. However I don't think this might be a authorization issue but rather an issue with org structure as pointed by you earlier.

Hello Annette,

You initial question is very clear. You mentioned: "My problem is related to new users created on the new system, by means of copying existing users settings". My question over here is what do you exactly mean by new users. Users created in days subsequent to system copy? I mean can you actually please elaborate the system copy. What was copied to what. Was the target system created as a result of system copy or was it already existing and just database copy was done on it from your production ?

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I mean users created on the system subsequent to the system copy, and on the copy of the original system. The copy was a complete system copy with all user info, transaction data and everything. Users that were created in the original system before the system copy was made can be accessed on the copy as normal, and have retained their authorizations. The problem occurs for users created on the copy of the original system, even though I have created them by copying a user that was created on the original system. Both the original user and the new user have SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW. Still there seems to be trouble with structural authorizations.

I have so far only uses su01 to create these users and assign profiles. Are there other transactions codes I should be using?

Anette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annette,

I still believe that this is because the users are not part of org structure. May be you can try for one of the users to confirm this.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you and Juan are right, and have pointed me in the right direction. Thank you! I now know where to look.

Anette