cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause required after JCO Commit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In xMII v11.5 I use the JCO Function Action to create a goods movement (BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE), which I commit using the JCO Commit Action.

I then take the resulting doc number into BAPI_INSPLOT_GETLIST to find the inspection lot.

My problem is that the second part only seems to work if I insert a pause action block in between. Is this a fault in the BAPIs I am using, or is there something wrong with the COMMIT action, which I would have thought would wait until all underlying processes were finished before moving on.

Has anyone encountered anything similar?

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is normal if you are using multiple BAPI calls within a single transaction.

A probable reason I can think of is a time lag between the actual commit in R/3 vs the immediate second BAPI call from xMII.(Basically the BAPI_COMMIT is still executing in R/3 when this second call comes in as well.) Therefore inserting a pause ensures that 99.99% of the time it would succeed.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both. Just something I have to live with obviously.

0 Kudos

Are you using the SAP JCO Interface actions or the ERP System Interface JCO action? Use the SAP JCO Interface ones and specifically call the commit operation via the commit action.

This delay is inherent in the ERP system as it validates the movement operation and commits it to the database. The listing call is too quick for the system to have the new entry in the database creating the race condition.

Sam