cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM Architecture - installation of PLM modules on core ERP solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking into a proposed architecture for a PLM solution for my client. It's expected by the client that we'll be able to install the core PLM modules on our existing ECC6 instance - but I'm concerned that the ongoing use of these modules would have an increasing performance impact on the whole system - even if it were resized to account for the extra requirements.

Does anyone have any best practice suggestions for how this should be implemented - and has anyone pros v cons for either installation method (i.e. hosted on core erp vs standalone PLM on it's own ECC installation).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Tim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

ECC6 has all pre-requisite PLM modules except few like xRPM, xPD etc. Even if you remiaing PLM module in ECC 6.0, you will Licence from SAP for Activation. If you have that you can activate the PLM extension in SPRO.

To your second question.....System perfomance is directly proportional to the number of users and no.of modules implemented in which how many process has captured.

Obviously, PLM is not a base module...to execute a PLM functionalities we need R/3 base modules as well...

As per my experience, on installing PLM module...i didnot receive any compliance on system performance from any of the client yet.

Hope this will helpful to you

Appreciate if it servers you.

Regards

Vetri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fisher

Its very important to take into consideration

1. Whether ur client is going to access PLM from Enterprise portal or SAP GUI?

2. Number of users?

3. Whether access has to be given to design partners outside the firewall? etc also

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for the basic installation arch for PLM with little luck. Either this is a too basic a question or this form is used by mostely functional folks.

From this thread, it looks like the base ECC system is needed. I am not sure if there is an add-on that brings the PLM/PPM code into play or if it is part of the base ECC install.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Rich

0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Allen,

If you install an ECC 6.0 / ERP 6.0 System. The PLM code is included but not active. If you activate the EA-PLM switch (SPRO Transaction) the PLM code is active and can be used.

sincerely yours

Marcus Wagler

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.