SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Flow in IS Utilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know the basic process flow in IS Utilities like creation of Buss partner> creation of CAand so on along with Tcodes.

Can some one help me with this?

Thanks

Dany

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have Solution Manager installed. May be you can try some of SolMan's suggested blue print developments with the following scenarios.

1. Simple meter read to customer pay and get the transactions.

2. Customer moves into the city to Setting up services for his house and get those transactions.

That will be a good start I think.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through the [IS-U help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/en/c6/4dce68eafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/frameset.htm] documentation, it has a lot of information. You can also refer to business maps available in service.sap.com.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I need to an end to end scenario right from a BP creation till BP payments for the usage.

I know the concepts invoved individually but i want to know the interrelation between them.

thanks

0 Kudos

When a customer approaches an utility company for opening an account, first thing that happens is setting up the customer in the system which is the business partner. There is a whole lot of information that goes into a business partner setup including creditworthiness etc. Once the business partner is set up, you will then create a contract account for the business partner. Now depending on your setup, there can be multiple contract accounts created for a business partner. For each service that the customer utilizes from you, a contract will be setup. Now this is all the business master data.

On the other hand, you have a place where this customer wants this service and that is identified by a whole suite of data called technical master data. This is where you have the installation, device location, premise etc.

The other master data is your streets, cities, etc that fall under your regional structure. Now you have the customer information, premise information and the connection information.

Next thing you need is the actual device information. All electric meters, gas meters, regulators etc fall under this category.

Once you have all the necessary information, you will go ahead and do transactions for this customer such as installation, move-in, setting up budget billing plan or an installment plan etc. So that way you will be touching some areas of FICA, Contract accounts receivables and payables, customer service (move-in, move-out etc) and other areas of ISU.

Then comes the part of ongoing transactions, which is when you will get the meter readings, bill the customer etc. A lot of things go in here as well such meter reading schedules, meter reading organization setup, MR units, Meter Reading order creation, Meter reading results entry etc.

Then you have service orders which can be created for device maintenance, device installation, anything that requires a field service person to go out to the premise and do something. You can even spill over into plant maintenance side with maintenance orders etc.

Once you have the meter reading in, you can then get into billing for these services. You create a billing document and then an invoice that results in a bill to the customer. Customer pays and payments are either collected by third party external entities or your own walk-in offices or online bill payment etc. Based on your dunning configuration, overdue items eventually end up with collection agencies if repeated reminders did not result in payments.

So we can keep going on this way. As you can see, there are several transactions involved in each of these activities. I hope this will help you in giving you some kind of overview as to how all these are linked together.

0 Kudos

ya its well use for me thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There 10's of thousands of them, what area IS-U are you looking for? Once you know that you can go to table TSTC via SE16 and get the corresponding transaction codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have Solution Manager installed. May be you can try some of SolMan's suggested blue print developments with the following scenarios.

1. Simple meter read to customer pay and get the transactions.

2. Customer moves into the city to Setting up services for his house and get those transactions.

That will be a good start I think.

0 Kudos

Hi Pradhip Swaminathan,

what is that Solution Manager . where to see that if not how do i get it installed?

Pls explain

Thanks

Dany