Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody help me with in coming up a check list of activities that need to performed/taken care of when any new system is built in relation to authorisations.

regards

Suresh

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Why don't you start with your own list and then we call all add to it

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean with new system? only a new hardware (db/os/ ...)? an entire new landscape? New business processes? a combination of those?

how about: i give you my banking data, you reroute your fee to it and then i'll do the work??

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fist things to do:

1 functional designers create the business processes.

2 from point 1 a list of transactiosn + the needed restrictions (from a functional point of vue) should be derived.

3 a quick basic process assignment to the users should be done.

4 from point 3 one can design the singel roles.

5 only after 4 has been done one can start building the roles

6 create test users and let functional consultants and business power users test the roles.

7 create production system add users and assign roels to users

8 go-live.

this is the whole scenario, were you looking for this??

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

Thanks for a quick response. When I mentioned creating a new system, I meant creating a fresh environment like a new client. I just wanted to have a check list by which I can be sure that the new client has got all that needs to be there w.r.t authorisations like authorisation groups, settings related to CUA etc.

0 Kudos

It's going to depend on your landscape, but you also want to consider

Profile params changed from standard

Standard users (e.g. SAP*) secured

Batch/Interface users created (includes CUA users etc)

Common roles imported (e.g. developer role, basis role)

PFCG configured (if you use PRGN_CUST or SSM_CUST then might want to populate this)

USR40 populated

Security relevant RFC destinations set up (if you use CUA)

the list goes on.........

0 Kudos

The list can get shorter as well: USR40, PRGN_CUST and SSM_CUST are client independent

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As you mentioned the list goes on.... can I the other bits of the list as well

0 Kudos

>

> The list can get shorter as well: USR40, PRGN_CUST and SSM_CUST are client independent

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

Hi Julius,

Try telling that to Basis admins who decide that new systems are preferable to new clients 😜

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Hmmm... more hardware instead of better hardware...

That, and telling new SDN'ers to use the business card job title "New customer" instead of "New Consultant" when asking 1st questions...

Have a nice evening,

Julius

0 Kudos

not to forget USOBX_C and USBOT_C (SU25)

-Abhishek