cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous RFC-XI-Web Service with no request method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm trying to set up an RFC-XI-Web Service scneario. But with the particularitity that the WSDL does not have a request method. It only has a very simple response method.

How can I make this? How can XI call the Web Service, if I dont have any request method?

Thanks for your help.

Felipe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias and VJ,

Yes In fact the way to make it work was to modify the Web Service, add a dummy request method, and done.

Thanks for your help.

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe !

With "no request" I understand that there is a request, but has no input fields...it is like calling the webservice URL without parameters.

There should be no problem setting this. Imagine that you can also touch with a text editor the WSDL file and put some dummy input field for the request that should be not taking in account by the webservice.

Regards,

Matias.

ps: please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

I understand, what you say is to have an input (or request) method with no parameters rigth?

My question is if no request method (dummy, fake, etc) exist at all, can still the WS be invoke following the RFC-XI-WS, and return the response of the WS through the existing response method.

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe !

I've never tested it, but I think it should work. The soap receiver adapter should make a post to the configured URL and receive a response to map back to R3.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matias, I thought the same thing, but at the moment is not working.

I will keep you up to date if I get an answer.

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which part is failing ? any error messages ? have you tested the webservice with a soap Client (e.g. soapUI) ? have you tested the WSDL with a fake/dummy request ?

Regards,

Matias.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though the web service does not need any parameter, XI will not support a sender interface with emplty message type. So you have to use a dummy parameter in your scenario.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matias, after some test I think that VJ is correct.

It is failing at the moment of delivering the message to the WS, I'm getting the followin error messages:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/PLAIN; HTTP 302 Moved Temporarily

I tested the WS with XMLspy and works correctly.

I'm starting to believe that the best solution is to simply create a dummy request in the WS.

It would be great if someone else test in their own and see if we get the same result. Thanks,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe !

Ok, then try with the dummy as I told you in my first post and tell me how it was.

Good luck !

Regards,

Matias.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a bit confused here. Who is the initiater here? RFC? If that is the case.. some one calls the RFC from R3 then XI call the WebService. The web service responds (Assuming synchronous). You would capture the response and push it to R3 as response to RFC (RFC is also assumed to be Sync).

Did I understand it wrong?

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ, yes you got it, the key part here is that the WS does not have a request method. It is possible to invoke the WS and the get the response and push it back to R/3?

Thanks,