cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc as sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it not that the port name in SAP XI and the RFC destination in R/3 of type 3 be of the same name, like SAP(r/3 SID) ?

Also, the RFC destination mentioned in the idx1, in XI, isnt that the same name as mentioned in the XI - sm59 R/3 destination pointing to Sender SAP System

Thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it not that the port name in SAP XI and the RFC destination in R/3 of type 3 be of the same name, like SAP(r/3 SID) ?

No. It can be same or different.

Also, the RFC destination mentioned in the idx1, in XI, isnt that the same name as mentioned in the XI - sm59 R/3 destination pointing to Sender SAP System

Yes its the same name SAP<SID>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created,

a destination in r/3 say, abc pointing to Xi.

i give port name in XI, as SAPSID.

give the rfc name there as def and create the same one in sm59 for Xi.

This seems alright, isnt it?

my idocs were getting posted before, but suddenly stopped..

any specific reasons?

sm58 in sender and Xi shows nothing...

no changes have been made to anything, in R3, it shows successfully send and in Xi, its not recd.

Thanks,

Vishal

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

i think no.. RFC name must be abc there..

maybe i am wrong ..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The configuration seems to be correct

For error u may check the following:

1. idx2 has the metadata information of the Idoc u r communicating with.

2. idx5 of XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

as I said,idoc not reaching Xi, so notin in idx5.

And, idx2 I did try deleting and again importing the idoc, thugh I know it can b done automatically at run time.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it not that the port name in SAP XI and the RFC destination in R/3 of type 3 be of the same name, like SAP(r/3 SID)

not necessary...it depends on how you choosing your naming convention in your project.

the RFC destination what ever you creating that must be given while you u creating port in the system if you creating a port for the same system.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

any answers guys...?