cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update terminated when doing VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

we have a situation where Billing type F2 settings were changed (using VOFA). specifically, in field "Assignment" i specified "E" (billing document). supposedly, the billing document number will be used as assignment allocation. there are already billing documents created.

when these settings were done, i started getting error message "express document update terminated". the system says error has something to do with ABAP/4 processor CONVT_NO_NUMBER.

when i execute ST22 or SM13 to look at the problem, it says the system cannot interpret "1111" which is why the update was terminated. here, "1111" is the material number.

i tried switching the settings of F2 back to standard but the errors continue.

why is the system getting the material number as number range?

your help will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

jty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The most probable reasons could be:

1) Number range clash with other doucment which is having same number. this could be because of changing assigmnment of no. range object which is assigned to other doc types.

2) Changes in customization for statistical updates

regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i checked the other threads with similar subject, and i agree it may have something to do with number range. but i checked the number range of the billing document and i'm not sure i have the exact issue.

i suspect that when i changed the "Assignment" settings in VOFA, the synchronization with the Accounting Document (Allocation) number might have been affected. when i repeatedly tried to create billing document with reference to the same delivery document, the system uses a new billing document number when saving, but then this is lost.

would you think this is the more likely cause?

thanks.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when u check in SM13...in update module list...u can see the function module name and update return code as error...can u pls tell the function module name

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the module name RV_MESSAGE_UPDATE error.

hope you can help.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

yesterday i assigned new number range to my billing type. at that time, it still did not work. but today it is now working fine.

go figure?

anyway, thanks to all.

jty

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

hope to work with you guys sometime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes the clash range is the most obvious reason of termination of the t:code VF01.

Plz check it out.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will try this and get back to you if it works.

if somebody over here solves it i'll let you know too.