cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2E for AWT client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i am trying to assign DB2E 8.2.4 on MOBILE AWT client(SP 18 ), but when i click on START button of MI Client Installer of DB2E it shows me some error as follows :-

installation failed: version check for appliaction 'MOBILEENGINE_JSP' failed;'null' (installed version) greater equal '2514' returned false(used prefix match)..

I think that DB2E for AWT client is different,is it so ?? and if yes please let me know where can i get the one specific for AWT client.

Also is it so that JQuery not supported exception occurs when DB2E is not installed on client??

Thanks in advance,

regards,

rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

There is no separate DB2e for AWT Client. This problem is already resovled in SP18 Patch 02 and the note number is 982495. But this patch will no longer be available in SMP. Hence deploy the latest patch on SP 18 and you problem would get resolved.

Yes JQuery is not supported in File IO and is supported only in DB2e.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all..

thanks for your valuable guidance to solve my problem..i have installed DB2E for AWT client and its working fine now.. Actually i just changed something in install.xml file which comes along with DB2E.zip

<APPLICATION name="MOBILEENGINE_AWT" version="2514" prefixmatch="true" comparator="greater_equal"/>

i replaced MOBILEENGINE_JSP with AWT....and it worked.

Thanks & regards,

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

This is just FYI. If there is an entry MOBILEENGINE_JSP in the install.xml file, then this is not the latest DB2e file shipped by SAP. This entry has been replaced by %MI_FRAMEWORK% so that the client framework is dynamically detected and installation can happen on both JSP and AWT Client. So if you download the new DB2e file, then you need not have to change the install.xml file.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I tried with SP 20 AWT client ..but with same result..

Can you let me know what is the specific problem

RAJESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you not install the DB2e manually for a test to see if your landscape works as such?

Steps are described in the DB2e install file - have a look into the XML.

And by the way - for a test instead of having no solution for a few days - there is the number mentioned in the setup file you would need at least to install that DB2e - I would simply change that number as long as I have no better solution.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver