cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

with out bpm how to generate alerts .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters ,

I have one scenario jdbc to file here in sender jdbc i have one control table and one data table .. in control table there is one field name counter .. now in mapping if counter is less than 3 then it should throw error and update status field of source as E (error) and if it is greater or equals to 3 then it should process the message .

Is it possible to throw error ... or how to throw error ........ as i know with the help of BPM we can throw error ..but here in this case we are not using BPM.

Thanks in advance,

jagannath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the counter value is less then 3 then ur mapping completly fails,If yes then just create Alert catagory and create Alert rule.Using this u can send an Email or trigger an alert to the end user.

Creating Alert Check this links,Its simple to create an Alert catagory and Alert rule.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

phani

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying but here actually our message mapping does not fails..... messages are processed properly .. but if counter of the control table is less than or greater than the number of rows in the data table then it should send an error message .....and it will be automatically updated by 'E' ......updation part is over in mapping .. but how should i send a alert message ..

Thanks in advance,

Jagannath.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz go through these blogs by Michal.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1

BR

Sudhir