Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message No. AB064

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the user is running an Asset History Report, selects the Varient and executes, the following message appears:

No data was selected

Message No. AB064

Can anyone help?

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Is there data presented when another user runs the report?

2. Have you run an SU53 to see if there is an auth failure message?

3. If it is an S_ALR_ report it may be based on a Logical Database and typically auth failures that occur due to checks within the LDB are not presented in SU53. To get over this, run the report using a powerful ID and run an auth trace (ST01) to see what auth objects are being checked. You can compare this to what the user has and work backwards to a solution from there

0 Kudos

1. "Yes, others can run the S_ALR report". I copied the userID to userID1 in SU01. When the user logs on with userID1, she can run the report?

2.There are no auth. failures through SU53.

3. My next step was a system trace but thought I would try here first for a fix.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As I said, the S_ALR reports are notorious for these, SAP delivered a whole load of reports without delivering any updates to SU24, though there are a few notes for 4.5 and 4.6 systems that have a few more rules in them.

A few years back I spent ages tracing these things and looking through the code to update SU24.

You could try putting the report name and "authorization" into OSS to see if there are any notes which will give the correct auth values.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Completed the system trace and nothing! No differences.

I will try down the OSS route.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

It may be that you might be better off sitting with an ABAPer and going through the code for the LDB that the report uses.

What version of SAP are you running? If you let me know exactly what the transaction code is I'll have a check to see if I've got some documentation for the fix that I did when working on this stuff a while back.

Hi Alex,

We are running on v4.7.

The transaction is S_ALR_87011990

Cheers..

0 Kudos

Hi,

some functions in FI-AA do not use the AUTHORITY-CHECK, that means no checks will fail, you cannot see any problems in SU53 or in an authorization trace.

But the reason still is, that the user don't have all necessary authorizations. Please check, whether authorizations for A_S_ANLKL, A_S_GSBER, A_S_KOSTL, A_S_WERK are assigned.

See also SAP note 141876.

Regards

Rainer

0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> some functions in FI-AA do not use the AUTHORITY-CHECK, that means no checks will fail, you cannot see any problems in SU53 or in an authorization trace.

>

Hi Rainer

AUTHORITY-CHECK still happens for the S_ALR_ reports, it's just stuck in a Logical Database.

If you look into the code for the LDB that the report uses you will see that the checks are there, just not reported in SU53.

Pankaj - might also be worth checking out note 1050458 though the objects that Rainer has mentioned are the ones I can find in my documentation

0 Kudos

Try searching for the message number (this is often most usefull). There is an Asset Accounting FAQ note (540785) which deals with exactly this symptom and message number in question 2 of the note.

It is release independent, although there are subsequent notes for the message number as well.

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for all the responses. I will read up on the OSS notes as mentioned above.

0 Kudos

authorizations for A_S_ANLKL, A_S_GSBER, A_S_KOSTL, A_S_WERK are assigned after that it is working fine.

Regards,

Ashok Yadav