cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Upgrade - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

We are upgrading patches on our bw machines.We are on patch level 19.Now moving to 21.

I just want to know what kind of testing do we need to do after patch upgrade?

Please give me some thoughts with this regards.

Regards,

Chama.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we apply support package for due to missing functionality or error or some other reason

during applying support package in spam it's gives you SAP Note which you need to read before applying support package,

Read the sap note, sometime it is required that you need to do some settings or applying sap note for particular support package which is described in relavant support package note

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I mean to the BW stuff like creating new objects and changing the existing objects etc to check whether update impacting on existing functionality.

Regards,

Chama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not like that,

you applied sap note or support package due to some functionality problem, every support package contain n number of sap note , check whether that problem is removed or not after applying support package

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are patches and support packs same or different?

Regards,

Chama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general terms patches is used for sap patch like kernel patch, database patch, support package is also one type of patch which have number of correction i.e sap notes

support package use for SAP Support package for -- Basis , ABAP , Application etc

regards,

kaushal

mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the details.

Now we are updating sap patches like kernel and database patches.Do we needto test something for this update?

Please i'm new to this upgrade.

Regards,

Chama.

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chama,

as SAP Admin you should check that all your work processes have started up , that database is running fine and perform your main admin TCODs in order to have a first view of the status of your system.

Then , definitely, you need to have your functional people/teams to perform their own tests and see that the systems works fine.

Rgds,

Loukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is recommended that to use latest kernel patch and database patch if available,

you need to perform this operation on first Development system than to QAS and PRD

after applying such patch you need to check that sap server is start without problem, check for database,

such tranasaction is tested by other people like functional/end user may run there tcodes and test it

regards,

kausahl

Answers (0)