cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using adapter specific message attributes in SOAP adapter configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know how to use adapter specific message attributes in receiver and sender SOAP adapter configuration. If possible , with example.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can follow this blog for understanding the working of the ASMA.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

The blog follows an example. It might help you. Revert back if you have any doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I am working on IS Retail implementation, where we have to integrate SAP with the 2000 stores.

We have to use SOAP adapater. Is it practically feasible/ good solution to have that many adapters created for each scenario??

OR is there any effective way to direct messages to that many target servers that are in WAN .

I was wondering whether adapter specific message attributes are going go give me any solution for this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try and use Extended Receiver Determination

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As suggested by Barry you can go for Extended Reciever Determination. In this you have to select the reciever dynamically using mapping.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a5f2066340332de10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Let me know if are not clear with it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for the details.

In this scenario, we have two situations.

1. Source IDOC and final outout structure is same for all the stores. But data will be different.Depending on the store number in input file, the message has to go to the corresponding traget location.

If we use extended receiver determination, is it not required to created one communication channel for each store.(ie 1500 communication channels in our case)

can you please clarify?

2. Source IDOC and final outout structure is same for all the stores. And data will also be same. But same data needs to be sent to all the stores.(ie 1500 destination locations)

Pls suggest how to handle this scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos