cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display cost center field under item level when creating sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear experts,

during the sales order creation(tcode VA01), is it possible to display the cost center field in the tab account assignment under item level??

currently we are using ECC6,in the tab account assignment, the cost center field was actually already defined in the screen by the system...i used to try to 'activate' the cost center field VBAP-KOSTL in the user exit MV45AFZZ, but the cost center still not shown.

I know that there is a config to the sales doc type can be used to open the cost center at header level, how about item level?

thanks and best rgds

Mu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishnaswamy_kumaraswamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

cost centre can be activated in sales order based on sales area and order reason

spro-> sales and distribution -> basic function -> account assignment -> assign cost centre

there you can assign the cost centre with sales area and order reason

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

appreciate your reply !!

since the cost center field in the tab account assignment under item level is already defined by the standard, (the field name is VBAP-KOSTL ,the program SAPLKACB ,screen 1006.

i am still curious that there should have a way to use that field.

rgds

Mu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Cost Center Determination settings is in OVF3 - but there are some cases where the Cost Center must be exceptionally changed.

If the document category for order type in IMG VOV8 is defined to be "I" which belong to order type FD - Deliv.Free of Charge, then the field cost center is active for input during transaction VA01.

Alternatively, you can specify an order reason and assign a cost center to an order reason.

However the standard SAP works only at the header level though, so it would not work if cost center is needed on the line item.

The cost center are assign for such business transactions as :

- Free deliveries

- Returns

- Deliveries of advertising materials

You can also make cost center allocation dependent on the order reason, for example:

Order reason: Damage in transit

Order reason: Free sample

Both the IMG settings are done in transaction OVF3, either with/without the order reason.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishnaswamy ,

thank you for yr reply, the config u suggested as i think can only assign the particular cost center regarding the order reason , while what i need is to display the cost center field so that any cost center can be entered.

thanks again.

rgds

Mu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To assign cost centers, choose Master data - Current settings from the application menu, then choose Assignment: Cost Center.

You can find a detailed description of how to assign cost centers in the Implementation Guideline (IMG) for Profit Center Accounting, under Assignments to Profit Centers.

regards,

Siddharth.