cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Mgr - Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly clarify me, when am importing a material record am getting an message in the Import status ' Map <Material Valuation> field to Import qulaifier '.

Its quite urgent..

thanks in adv

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

I populate look up tables in my repository through import manager using excel or XML files. Alternately, if the number of look up values is small (under 5), and you do not have to repeat the loads, you can do it frm client.

Import Process from high level:

Create a client system or agency, and initialize the import manager for an agency, source file, and repository. Select source and destination tables, map the fields, select the matching field, select import actions (create, replace, skip, update,e tc.), and execute the import.

If you have specific questions, please let me know...

Good luck!

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what Abhay wrote, it looks to me that import manager is looking for a source value as a look up value in the destination column, and when it does not find it, it forces you to map the value to NULL.

I have not done integration from SAP R/3 but I faced the issue of "not finding destination value, and being forced to map to NULL several times" in Excel and XML imports. And this happened to me when my destination column is being backed up by a look-up flat. What I did in those cases is to first populate all the look-up tables that are backing up fields.

Hope this helps...

Good luck!

Savi

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Savi,

How did you populate the look-up tables? Using MDM Import Manager or MDM Client (entering data by hand)?

Material Valuation is hierarchy table with, Valution area, Valuation type, Valuation Category and Valuation Class lookup tables. Do I need to populate all these look-up tables of Material Valuation table??

How to import/populate data into Material valuation table?

Thanks,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhay,

It looks like you are referring to Customizing tables for Material , Vendor and Customer.

For Example - Before importing customers in MDM , we need to load all customizing tables in MDM i.e Country codes , regions , payment terms etc. SAP has pre-delivered ZPROGRAMS which can generate all Customizing values through XML Files. So before loading customers you need to import all the Customizing tables values in MDM in context with Individual Repository.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Navaneeth Jalagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that you have not mapped a field; or few values of the fields did not get mapped. A couple of trouble shooting questions:

Which table type are you trying to import into- main or look up or qualifiers into a qualified table (through main) or non-qualifier reference lists into qualified table?

For the field Material Valuation, if you go to value mapping pane (on the Map fields tab), do you see green signal on the left side for all the values?

Could you please clarify your question a bit more?

Good luck!

Savi

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Savi,

I am getting exactly the same error. Material Valution field from Destination Fields list is not being mapped to any field from Source field. Material Valution filed should be mapped to what source field?

I appreciate your help.

Here are the steps I have done so far:

We have installed MDM 5.5.24.06 and applied the SAP Note #: 830864 to synchronize the check tables.

Then extracted the Material data from R/3 4.6C using the transaction BD10.

Tried to load that data into MDM using Import Manager with following Connect to Source parameters:

Type: XML Schema

Client System: DQC_230 (R/3 4.6C MATMAS04)

XML Schema : MATMAS04

File Name : C:\R3Data\xi_matmas20050919-111503-681.xml

Selected mapping 01_MATMAS04_R3.

Here is he MDM Import Manager behavior we experienced,

For field MATKL (Material Group) is being mapped and the source value 10713040 is not being mapped with destination value.

IM does not allow, to add source value to destination value and forcing to map that source value to some destination value (NULL)

Similar problem for following fields:

Source Field ~ Destination field

VPRSV <E1MBEWM> ~ Price Control Indicator <Material Valuation>

BESKZ <E1MARCM> ~ Procurement Type <Location Data>

PERKZ <E1MARCM> ~ Period indicator <Location Data>

BKLAS <E1MBEWM> ~ Valuation Class <Material Valuation >

VKORG <E1MVKEM> ~ Sales Organization [Sales Data]

VTWEG <E1MVKEM> ~ Distribution Channel [Sales Data]

BWKEY <E1MBEWM> ~ Valuation area [Material Valuation]

For field WERKS < E1MARCM> (Location Data), again source/destination values not being mapped, but let me add the source value to destination value.

Then the IM indicates to map the ‘Material Valuation’ field to import qualifier(s) and does not let us continue to import data.