cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup-Tables in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Folks,

can anyone tell me how to create my own lookup-tables for MDM based on customization-settings of a erp-system, i.e. sales organizations, distribution channels etc.?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can surely create your own look up fields and table as well, if you want to create look up tables then click on the repository name >> table pane >> right click and select create table.

You can then click on the main table and by right clicking on the fields pane >> create new field. Once the new field is created you can give its type as Look up. than at the bottom you have to specify which table you want your field to look up in "Look Up Table ". you can either look up in the tables you have created or the pre-defined tables.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Reward points if helpful

Prasad..........................................................................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

firstly thanks for your answers, but I have to disappoint you, that actually doesn't answer my question :(.

I give it a 2nd try:

When handling with ERP-Systems, there are always organizations-structures, such as distribution-channel, sales organization etc. I want to import these structures (sales data, location data....) into my MDM-Repository.

For example, there is a file named "MDM Lookup Tables.xml" containing countries and their ISO-Codes, which is part of the business content from MDM SP05.

I want to create this file on my own, but with sales and location data, is there any possibility to do this in a automated way?

Greets,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Do you want to import the

1) Data

2) Structure

3) Values

Please clarify on the same because importing the structure and the data is known to us. Please help on the same....

Thanxs

Prasad..........................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Prasad,

I actually want to generate/create a file containing data for lookup-tables such as location or sales data.

In a short and uncomplicated way: I want to copy all sales & location data from erp to responding MDM Lookup-tables.

Does that clear up things?

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Prasad: Do you know, what I'm talking about?

Greets & Thanks,

Daniel

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

there are two steps to do. First you have to ensure that your MDM Repository can store the data. This means that you have to create according look up tables in the MDM Repository by yourself. Then you can use MDM's "Generic Extractor for Reference Data" to extract the values. You might check SAP Note 964991 and the available documentation on [Service Market Place|http://service.sap.com/installmdm] for details.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi daniel,

I know how you get these structures or the data and where do you store it so that you can directly import it. I have no idea how create the .xml file.

Thanks

Prasad......................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Q.want to generate/create a file containing data for lookup-tables.

I m working on SRM MDM 5.5 and i was also requring in the structrure of currency and UOM ISO code and as per my knowledge SRM MDM does not provide any structure like this so i recevied the structure from SRM through which i can get the lookup data.

Until an unless you do not have any structure idea how you will create a file containing data for lookup tables.

I want to copy all sales & location data from erp to responding MDM Lookup-tables.

Once you get the file containing the lookup table, first have to create port number in the console through which data will come to MDM.

Second, you have to put that file to ready folder in the MDM server.

if any problem feel free to ask.

thanks

swapnil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Michael & Ravi:

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you all for helping me

Regards,

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

This can be done using Tcode MDMGX which will give you both the xsd as well as the xml files for all lookup tables associated with the business objects. Once you get the aml files the same can be imported in MDM using import manager directly specifying the path of the file.Again you can use the standard import maps provided by SAP in the business content or choose to map the fields/values urself.

the prerequisite for this is that you have already defined the data model and lookup tables in the MDM repository.

Hope this answers ur question..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

1.Create a Flat Table

2.create fields which you required to be in the look table

3.Mention the Display field property to one are more fields .

3.Assign this table into main table field as Look up table.

does it clarify your doubt??

Best Regards

Devaraj PK