cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to tarnsfer Activity related settings to Mobile client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are developing a mobile sales application for CRM using xapps MSAHH 5.0. We are using SAP MI 2.5 SP 20 and DB2E 8.2.4 . We have configured the backend for activity related data, but when try to run the application on client it is giving a error on jsp which is as follows.:

"Download activities-related data and try again"

When we are checking the trace file in client it is showing the following error:

"ERROR_PROCESSTYPE - activity - com.sap.crm.handheld.component.activity.control.impl.ActivityCreateImpl - onLoad"

This is a generic sync application. and we are trying to see wether the initial data download that populates the dropdowns on the jsp is taking place or not.

Also is the Business partner related data necessary for the activity related settings to take place.

Can anyone help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if you develop - why do you not trace into the App? You be able to see if the data is there and you can build the app safer then it is actually to prevent the error in the future in that case.

So my question is: why is it not possible to debug?

Furthermore: can you give me some more infos on the error? (trace)

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

we have tried doing what you said. We came to know that on the onl;oad event it was checking the data that was coming and if anything is missing it denies creation of JSP and forwards it to the error page. When we by pass the condition that is being checked.it is creating the activity pages and all activity related settings are transferred.

while further analysing we came to know it checks the 'timestamp' field which is returning null, following which it denies page creation. we are unable to understand which timestamp is this as timestamp for "from date" and "to date" fields is returning a value.

Please throw some light on this..

thanks and regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, this is difficult to say without seeing the code....

The question is: what data is missing and the bigger question: why is data missing?????

Have you checked the setup on the backend, Sync Monitor? Anything still in O-Waiting for the device? If one object is waiting there - mostly that is okay. If more then one objects are waiting per BO, then usually you have to sync until it is down to 1. Even this means you have to sync 250 times.

A good thing to get a better solution if this is the problem: switch on Repetitive Sync and set the reqDirectSync=true in the MEREPMETA.XML file.

Does this help? As I said - without code I have to guess a little. If you interested you could send me an installed imaged with data and the source, then I can debug and tell you more.

Regard,s

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a generic sync application. We are implementing a standard application called xapps MSAHH 5.0.

There is no concept of Sync BO here.

can you please suggest if there is any way of tracking the data from backend to middleware in generic sync application.

thanks & regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always fall into that because I muddle it up with Mobile Sales.

The only thing I know to trace Generic Sync is the generic Sync Monitor in NWA.

But as you know you have missing informations on the device - check your backend customizing, because then there must be a reason why this data is not on the device. And this I can not do without knowing what data is missing and seing your customizing - unfortunately. I am sorry for that. But there I would look for the solution - backend customizing.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for ur Reply.

When I am trying to open Generic Sync Queue Monitor in NWA, it gives an error as :

"Cannot start Plug-in"

Please can you suggest what is problem. Do I need to install some plugin or make some configuration setting .

I am using Mi server version 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there is another task open for this - please have a look there, I already replied there.

It is the user who has not sufficient authorisations in most cases.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on Mobile Sales For HandHeld Generic Sync based application. To check the data transafer from Mi Client > MI server> CRM backend, we are using Generic Sync Queue Monitor in NWA. But how to check the actual dara in data containers showed on the monitor? Any specific transaction ( e.g. merep_mon for smart sync) to chk the same?

Thanks & regards,

Rucha Atre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately the only thing I know for Generic Sync monitoring is the monitor in NWA and as fas as I know there is no other option then that to see what was send to the device. I know that some information is missing in there, for example the real dataset - but as I said I do not know any other way to see that info. I had a HTTP sniffer a while back between the client and the server that traced this info - but it was a mes to read it from there as well.

Sorry that I can give you no other info on that.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow up required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Mobile Sales For HandHeld Generic Sync based application. To check the data transafer from Mi Client > MI server> CRM backend, we are using Generic Sync Queue Monitor in NWA. But how to check the actual dara in data containers showed on the monitor? Any specific transaction ( e.g. merep_mon for smart sync) to chk the same?

Thanks & regards,

Rucha Atre