cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Design using sync-async bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Below mentioned is an overview of the process flow which we are trying to implement.

1. A synchronous interface takes in the request

2. After the mapping, a file is created

3. Another file adapter reads this file and sends a message back to the sync interface. This step is to make sure that the file is created

I'm using a sync-async bridge for this process, since file creation and reading processes are asynchronous and the request/response is synchronous.

Can somebody help me by telling how to design the BPM. How many send and receive steps are required etc?

Thanks,

Sandeep

| Request  |    |    |       |    |     |    |       |
    |--------->|    |    |       |    |     |    |File   |
HTTP|          |Sync|--->|Mapping|--->|Async|--->|Adapter|
    |<---------|I/f |<-  |       |    |I/f  |    |(write)|
    | Response |    | |  |       |    |     |    |_______|
                      |                              |
                      |                              |
                      |                          ____|___
                      ||      |   |        |    |        |
                      -|Async |<--|File Adp|<---|Folder  |
                       | I/f  |   |(read)  |    |________|

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

The process shd contains 4 steps to accomplish the Sync- Async scenario

<b>SyncReceive</b> – To Receive the payload synchronously from HTTP (open S/A Bridge)

<b>Send</b> – To Send the request payload Asynchronously from BPM to the File system

<b>Receive</b> – To receive the response Asynchronously from Legacy File system to BPM

<b>SyncSend</b> – To Send the response Synchronously from BPM to HTTP (close S/A Bridge)

Thus u need

1 Synchronous Recieve Step

1 Async Send step

1 Async Recieve Step

1 Synchronous Send step

Hope it helps.

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Thanks for your input. I have one more question.

Where does the mapping step come in. I have to map the incoming xml from HTTP to another format before creating the file. So is it correct to have a transformation step between the sync receive step and the async send step to the file system.

sync Recv ---> Transform ---> Send to File System.

Also Once the file is created another file adapter reads the file. Once a file is read, that interface has to send an acknowledgement message telling the status. I think i need to have a transformation here too.

That is:

Async Recv from File System-> transform->Sync Send Step

Am i correct in my understanding. Could you please suggest some other techniques if you have some.

Thanks a lot,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i>>>I have to map the incoming xml from HTTP to another format before creating the file.</i>

Ya then u can use the transform Step in between the

sync Recv ---> Transform ---> Send to File System

<i>>>Once a file is read, that interface has to send an acknowledgement message telling the status.</i>

Wht type of acknowledgement msg telling the status.

I think u can add another element in ur created file payload like <b>Status</b>: Created (ConstanT)

Then u can map the payload of the readed file with tis payload having Ststus init.Fo this u need a <b>Transformation</b> Step.

BTW i was searching some previous blogs and i got this and it is bit related to ur scenario.Go thru this

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Hope it helps.

Regards

Arpit Seth

Answers (0)