cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help about setting up a JMS sender channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just started to play with PI for a few weeks and I'm trying to setup a simple JMS sender channel to read stuff from a WebSphere MQ.

I've someone installed JMS adaptor for me, but we never know it is correctly installed or not. First question is "Is there any way we can verify JMS adapter is correctly installed or not?"

In the Design: integration builder, I've a very defined a very simple data type(src_dt) which is a string and a message type(src_mt) which uses resp_dt. Finally I created a message interface (test_mia_out) that contains src_mt. At this point of time, I don't need message mapping so I didn't configurate this section.

Then I went to Configuration: Integration builder and created a new communcation channel with the following setting:

Parameter section:

Adapter Type: JMS

Transport Protocol: WebSphereMQ (Non-JMS) <- if i don't use this option, i can't enter MQ connection detail in the Source section.

Message Protocol: JMS 1.x

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

Source section:

QueueConnectionFactory Java Class: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory

Queue Java Class: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue

...MQ connection detail...(IP, Port, Queue Manager, Channel and Queue Name )

Transport Protocol: TCP/IP <- this is consists to server side setting

JMS-Compliant: JMS-Compliant

Since I only want a very simple working sample, again I didn't change the content in receiver determination, interface determaintion and sender agreement.

Now when I active this change and I saw the following error in the channel monitor:

Short Log - Channel has internal error

Admin Info - Exception: Channel with Status Unknown or Not Registered

I did stop and start the service, refresh CPA cache and even restart the entire PI server, I always see this message and cannot find any more detail description about what is causing this problem.

My PI Server version is 7.0 and MQ version is 5.3

There's very limited resource about how to setup to read MQ message in PI and I'm stuck now. Therefore, I need a help from some experienced people to tell me if I have did something wrong or missed some steps?

And if possible, could people mind to post a step by step go through how you setup it up?

Edited by: Robert Fu on Jan 10, 2008 6:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had read the above reference already, doesn't help me much.

I'm not receiving any MQException said connection is failed or something, but the following short log:

Adapter has not provided any status information about this channel

Admin info show me:

Exception: Channel with Status Unknown or Not Registered

It appear to me that SAP is not really talking to JMS adapter or something wrong in the middle.

I've tried to deploy MQ5.3 and MQ6.0 by refering to Note: 747601, 1086303 and 856346. None of them help to solve my problem. In fact I should say I've no idea what is casuing this.

Local log file also has not much useful information. My SAP PI is installed in a 64-bit Window 2003 platform, i don't know if this is a fact or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem...please let me know if it is resolved...appritiated your inputs.

Praveen

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you use the JMS, you need to deploy some drivers related to specific MQseries, Kindly ensure that proper driver are deployed....

If you use MQSeries 53x.xxx, you must enter the following JAR files in aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda.

com.ibm.mq.jar, com.ibm.mqbind.jar, com.ibm.mqjms.jar, connector.jar (use the JAR file from the J2EE client directory)

check this link it will give you more inofmration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/d85a9d6fab7d4dbb7ae421f710626c/content.htm

check this to get the condifuration the JMS

How to use conversion modules in JMS - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f02d12a7-0201-0010-5780-8bf...

Ref How To Use the Content Conversion Module in JMS Adapter - https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000582377&;