cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me on overdelivery tolerance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Functionals,

I'm an abapper. My client wanted to limit her delivery quantity based on the sales order.. I am not sure how overdelivery tolerance works. Please guide me with this.

The other abapper tried to used and configured item category TAN to limit the delivery. But there are some orders like, 20.5 kilos and it locked to 20 kilos for the delivery. I just don't know how that happened.

Should I use overdelivery tolerance or re-configure the TAN? If I will use the first one, is there anything that I need to configure? Or the user will just defone how much percent on the sales order and the delivery will depend on it?

I really need your assistance. You'll be given points later.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way, if there are other issues, just bring them on.

regards, kabayan.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan,

This is quite clear to me. At least I know what are these options for.

In Check overdelivery field, what does it mean by 'B - Situation rejected with an error message'? What will be the effect? Wll it just prompt the user that the quantity defined is greater than the sales order?

Do I have to configure all of the customers in the master data to avoid partial delivery? In doing this, do you think this might affect other cases? Coz' there are some transactions of a customer that needs a partial delivery (I have to ask my client if this happens). So, have to go back an re-configure a certain customer?

Would there be a conflict if I try them both?

Sorry for giving you a lot of questions. I have no functional to consult with.:D

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen the SHIPPING TAB but there's no Quantity(Old Version). There's Complete delivery under Partial Delivery Data...I guess this the one. What about the Max. Partial Deliveries = 9? Should I leave it blank?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, maui.

when you choose "B", then when somebody tries to change the delivery quantity to be more than the order quantity, the system will not allow this and will give an error message.

as an example, your sales order has quantity 100 for a material.

when you create the delivery and try to change the quantity to 101 or more, the system will not allow this and include an error message.

in another scenario, again with an order of 100, you first have a partial delivery of 50. then in the second delivery, the system will recognize that you cannot delivery more than this. so changing the quantity in the second delivery to 51 will not be allowed.

in this way, you don't have to even make any settings in the customer master.

hope this really helped.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the shipping tab of the customer master, you will see settings for partial deliveries. you have many possible options like:

1. how many partial deliveries? (up to 9 maximum)

2. or do you want all should be in exactly 1 delivery or no delivery at all? (you do this by checking complete delivery reqd by law)

3. in Partial Delivery per Item, if you put "B", the system will allow only exactly 1 delivery, whether complete or partial. this affects order status.

regards.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Need your help again. Configuration in tcode 0vlp was made before and has been reverted. It causes failure in batch jobs.

Points will be given

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Need your help again. Configuration in tcode 0vlp was made before and has been reverted. It causes failure in batch jobs.

Points will be given

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The primary setting for the over delivery is in CUstomer Master only. the setting in Delivery Item category is only to specify the reaction required when over delivery happens. If the over delivery is allowed thro customisation in Customer Master and if you configure B in the Delivery Item Category, the system will not throw error message even if the over delivery is made.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have an option for Checking Over delivery in delivery Item Category , thru this we can control .

T.code:-0vlp

Reagrds

Subramanyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone,

I'll be giving points to you guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

to make sure that delivery quantities will not be greater than order quantities, make the settings in IMG > LOG EXECUTION > SHIPPING > DELIVERIES > DEFINE ITEM CATEGORIES FOR DELIVERIES, then choose TAN.

inside TAN, go to CHECK OVERDELIVERY and enter the settings from the dropdown. choose the setting that meets your requirement (most likely B).

if you wish the customer's order to be delivered in whole and not in partial quantities, go to the customer master using XD02 or VD02 and then select the SALES AREA DATA > SHIPPING tab > QUANTITY section and check "Complete delivery required by law". with this, if the customer orders 20.5 kgs, the system will allow delivery for the entire quantity or not at all.

hope this helped.

regards.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan,

This is quite clear to me. At least I know what are these options for.

In Check overdelivery field, what does it mean by 'B - Situation rejected with an error message'? What will be the effect? Wll it just prompt the user that the quantity defined is greater than the sales order?

Do I have to configure all of the customers in the master data to avoid partial delivery? In doing this, do you think this might affect other cases? Coz' there are some transactions of a customer that needs a partial delivery (I have to ask my client if this happens). So, have to go back an re-configure a certain customer?

Would there be a conflict if I try them both?

Sorry for giving you a lot of questions. I have no functional to consult with.:D

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Bayog,

Is your installation using any IS, if so, the settings for delivery tolerance may be found there, especially, in any transportation planning related nodes of IMG.

It is also possible to follow a round about way as follows:-

Kindly seek the fields 'UEBTO' and 'UNTTO' in the order programme. The tables in which these are located decide the tolerance at order entry.

Kindly verify the 'delivery class' to decide upon a suitable change mechanism.

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

first check in customer master record(cmr) in the shipping tab under partial deliveries you can find under del tolerance and over deliver tolerance ,give the limit according to your client and apart from these go to spro, logistic execution ,shipping ,deliveries , definedelivery item categories in that for ex if you are using tan , in the quantity tab check over delivery you have got 3 options tick according to your requirement

i think you will be able to do with this kindly reply for the same even if you couldnt do ,i have got even the other option

Regards

Nishith reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u go to 0vlp screen, which is the control screen of delivery item category. there is a field called check overdelivery. maintain the required settings by pressing F4.

Also please check in the customer master record (XD02), sales area data, shipping view, maintain the overdelivery tolerance level according to ur client requirement.

I hope any of the above suggested solution helps u

Reward points if it is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

make sure in TAN (run 0VLP) there is no rounding (blank field)