Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you remove the ability to delete notifications via SOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to give people access to transaction SOST to display and resend notifications, but not to delete them. The transaction checks object S_OC_ROLE, but I can't find any info about the possible values for OFFADMI. ADMINISTRATOR gives delete access, so does * and without this object you can't even start the transaction.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I had a look at SOSB but it only shows the users own transmissions. The people I mentioned need to see all users transmissions

Unless there is some way to configure SOSB to show all transmissions then it is of no use to us.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please give him access on the SOSB instead of SOST. then the users are not allowed to delete the message.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I had a look at SOSB but it only shows the users own transmissions. The people I mentioned need to see all users transmissions

Unless there is some way to configure SOSB to show all transmissions then it is of no use to us.

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

Today, I reaised that sometimes, we dont realise the solution though it is just infront of our eyes!!! I solved this solution as below. May be useful to others whoever facing this problem.

I guess the below information is sufficient being you guys are from Security Team.

1) Use T code SOSG

2) Create one user group and add the relevant users under this group

3) Use authorization object S_OC_SOSG

Extract from SAP HELP

The selection can be restricted further by specifying the sender and send method. In the Sender field, you can enter user names and user groups. If a user group is entered, all users are selected that have this group entered in their user master record (transaction SU01 -> User Group for Authorization Check), or that are assigned to this group (transaction SU01 -> Groups).

If a user is only allowed to select send requests of particular users or groups, he or she can use transaction SOSG to do so. This transaction corresponds to transaction SOST but makes additional authorization checks. A user does not need the authorization ADMINISTRATOR in the authorization object S_OC_ROLE to use this transaction. The authorization for selecting users or groups in transaction SOSG is controlled by the authorization object S_OC_SOSG. In transaction SOSG, if a user chooses the input help for the Sender field, only those users and groups are displayed for which the user has display authorization.

regards

S

0 Kudos

Thank you Sridevi for following up on your [own thread|; AND using the search to add it here!

0 Kudos

I have tried the steps and information you provided. However, I am still unable to disable the delete and re send request functionality from SOSG. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

We are facing the same problem. I just wondering if any soultion found to the DELETE function? Thanks

Alfred

0 Kudos

We found the solution in OSS Note 836463.

Alfred