cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools....>Define Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody tell me the use of Tools....>Define Web service in ID ??

Thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

It is used to create WSDL to expose your interface to the outside world. So that they can call your webservice.

Simple terms, it is used to create WSDL.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj ! By any chance do you know any weblog for this explaining the use of this option

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

If you want you can use the How to guide for this purpose. It explains clearly about the steps involved in it and its very easy.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40611dd6-e66e-2910-f383-e80fb44f...

Follow the procedure as explained in it and tell me if any help is required.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I'm also looking at the same issue, and I really want to read the documents that you recommend. But for some reason, I dont have enough permisions in the SDN to see them.

Can you please verify that the links that you have given are the correct ones.

Thanks,

Felipe

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The WSDL generation requires -

Name of the server (fully qualified)

ABAP port

SOPA Adapter endpoint

Party

Service

Channel

The While generating WSDL you have to give the URL like -

http://ServerName:JAVA Port//XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel="Party":"Service":"Channel"

Then have to give the sender system and interface details. In the last step just give *s. You are done.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what happens next?

After you generate the WSDL file, does it means that a web Service was created and can be invoked?

Or has to be published in someplace? How can I invoke the web service just created?

Thanks!

Felipe

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use this WSDL in any test too like XML SPY or SOAP Sonar or any .NET or JAVA application to write a web service consumer.

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The path Tools --> Define Web Service in ID menu bar is used to create the web service document or WSDL (when there is need of exchange of messages from a remote client or web service provider). This function enables you to craete the WSDL description for a message interface and a sender.

You can create WSDL descriptions from both inbound and outbound message interfaces.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunanda.