cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case sensitive problem in EVS Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using EVS framework in my application and the values in the valueset is populated by an RFC. But I have a doubt regarding that framework. Suppose the values that are coming in the valuset are in Uppercase (eg: ABC) and is user is giving the value in that field manually (eg; abc) then on performing any action it is giving the error that

Character string "{abc" does not exist in the set of allowed values

I tried to convert the Lowercase abc to Uppercase ABC on certain action but it seems that on any action first the above validation is done by this Framework and then any code will execute. So before converting that to Uppercase it is giving error.

Is there any way to convert that to lowercase or is this the limitation of the framework.

Thasnxs in advance!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is the requirement of client. Is there any way to resolve this problem?

Regards,

Gurmat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurmat,

In the onSelect Method of your EVS dropdown , add your uppercase conversion code as the first line. by doing this , it will convert your string into upper case before doing any action.

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Thanks for the reply. But this is not a dropdown it is an Input field whose attribute we are modifying to a valueset so that the inputfield is now having a help button. On click of that help button it will show a table having 2 columns ID and Description. Also is there any method defined in EVS where we can write our code for converting lowercase to uppercase?

Regards,

Gurmat