cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable delivery status notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are emailing PO's from a user thru SAPconnect thru an MS Exchange mail server.

I need to turn on delivery status nofification (e.g. Request a delivery receipt) for these messages. Does anyone have a clue how? Would this be done on the SAP side somewhere as part of the settings of the message header? Or can it be set in or at the Exchange server as a default for the userid sending the message?

Thank you

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Such setting must be possible in the mail settings of the account you are using to send the mails. talk to you mail server administrators to setup the same for you.

Its just an analogy, where we when sending a mail can set if we need a read receipt for the same.

Thanks,

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks VJ,

We are using MS Exchange, I'm not sure exactly what version, but it is probably 2003 or later.

Do you or does anyone else know what steps to take to enable the delivery status notification for the email ID we are using?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It must be in the mail options of that particular mail account inbox.

Tools _> options -preferences tab - Email Options button -tracking options - tick request read receipts.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks VJ, I'm crossing my fingers the setting will work for mail sent from SAP rather than being composed in Outlook.

I'll advise once the administrator tries it.

Bob

Answers (0)