cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Consultant in SD looking for advise on how to start my career in Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recently got SAP certified in Sales and Distribution and I am looking for a job as a SAP Consultant in Canada. The major issue that I´ve encountered is that I have the knowledge, but I don´t have the experience. I would really appreciate any kind of advice on how to start my career, which companies can I target.

Thank you very much for your help.

ANA LAURA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Ana Laura.

i agree with Rakesh. working as support for a company already using SAP will help "get your feet wet". the advantage is you can review SD settings for a specific set of business requirements. you could also get mentoring from a more senior SD guy inside this company, assuming he/she is willing to help you. i wouldn't stay as an in-house person for long because sooner or later the opportunities for growth will be limited.

however, there are advantages and disadvantages to other alternatives as well, such as working for a consulting outfit. you would have to be a little more adventurous. it is a more unstable existence but the opportunities for personal growth are there. one moment, you may be sitting in the office for weeks without an assignment, and next thing you know you will be deployed as the lead consultant (mainly because there's noone else).

but whatever your choice, just have a positive attitude, be grateful and don't forget to relax every now and then.

our best wishes to you and welcome to the world of SAP SD.

jty

p.s.

if you're looking for a SAP SD partner for Canada, just give me a holler (hahahaha - half joking but half serious).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Above all gain the knowledge completely and try to keep your Resume in Job Portals.

Most of the companies Look for Freshers also , where you can get into these companies thru ur subject knowledge.

First prepare well on the subject and update ur resume in Job Portals.

Regards

Subramanyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

The first option is to register in most of the Job related sites.

The Institute from which you have done your certification will also be having a list of IT companies & you can request them for the same & post your CV / Resume to these companies. This might also be a helpful way to get a breakthrough.

You can also forward your CV to my email ID & I can try speaking to my friends in same field in US. My email ID is available in my profile & do ensure to refer SDN in subject line.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ana Laura Jimenez Garces,

Well I would recommend you to try for some companies who have implemented SAP and got inhouse depertment who takes care of SAP. I am recommending this based on following factors:

1) Not many people target these companies (most of the people target IT consultancy companies)

2) These companies will be interested in taking you as cost wise you will suit to them.

Other than there you can try to break as an outside consultant also which is a contract job. There you can join as a junior consultant.

Please let me know if you need some more inputs

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh