cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a xmii webserive from the front pages ( html code)??

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I m using xmii 12.0.

I can see the the wsdl file of my transaction by the path

http://<sid>:50000/XMII/WSDLGen/<project folder path>.

But i am getting problems while passing parameters to the transaction.

My transaction (webservice has 4 parameters (string)),how can i pass those transactions parameter values to the WS.

I tried by ?<parm1>=<paramvalue>&<param2>=<paramvalue> ..., but i am not getting proper result after running the WS.

Can any body explain how to call WS form the HTML code.

Please help me.

Thanks

Vansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make use of the Runner instead of WSDLGen.

http://<servername>/Lighthammer/Runner?Transaction=Test/YieldCalc&YieldFactor=10.0&OutputParameter=Y...

Modify this URL accordingly for XMII 12.0.

Refer to the help - Calling a BL Transactions via a URL" for more details .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vansi,

/Lighthammer changes to /XMII in 12.0

As I don't know from which application you like to call the WSDL I can only answer your question regarding the request from HTML as HTTP request:

http://<servername:port>;

/XMII/Runner?Transaction=<TransactionFolder>/<NameOfTransaction>&

<InputParameter1=x>&<InputParameter2=y>&

OutputParameter=<NameOfOutputParameter>&

XacuteLoginName=<Username>&XacuteLoginPassword=<Password>&Content-Type=text/html

XacuteLoginName=<Username>&XacuteLoginPassword=<Password>

is only needed if you have no valid xMII-Session, e.g. calling xMII from outside.

Content-Type could also be text/xml; test/csv

Ciao

Martin

PS: If you like to use a transaction within xMII you normally use a XacuteQuery and some JavaScript in combination with an iCommand-Applet. There is no need to call a transaction as WSDL / HTTP request.

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin and Udayan,

I want to call the BLS from the HTML(using the front page) page that i am deploying into xMII instance.

Martin: As you said, If i want to call the BLS with in the XMII,I can use xacute and icomand.

I didn't understand how that can be done?

Is that by the applet ( query template(xacute) + display template (icommand))?

If that is by the applet,could you please explain how?

Thanks in advance

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

unfortunatly we are now at that point were I like to recommend that you should visit a xMII Training or spent some hours in the SDN.

A good tip is also to use the 11.5 help. There are more examples at the moment as in 12.0.

And I'm not talking about a Display Template iCommand but just calling a query (in this case a XacuteQuery) with an iCommand-Applet using only its QueryTemplate Property. The DisplayTemplate Property is for Electronic Signature.

You can Generate the code for an iCommand Template using the Content Generation Wizard of xMII. And the xMII Script Assistant is very helpful for doing JavaScript. Especially if you use Frontpage you will be able to use thoose Wizards as PlugIn.

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ciao

Martin

0 Kudos

Vamsi,

Just to answer the actual question you can do this via a JSP page and some Java Code. As for you....you need to goto class so that you can leverage the product properly. There shouldn't be a need for you to do this.

Sam

PS: By this I mean call a web service directly from your html/JSP code. This should be done via an xMII applet using a BLS transaction as Martin has indicated.

Edited by: Salvatore Castro on Jan 11, 2008 8:56 AM

Answers (0)